Shedding/hair slip

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So tonight the fire alarm in my apartment building went off and I had to grab my chin and shove her into a carrier to take outside. There were a lot of people and a lot of noise and I think that stressed her out. She won't come into my hands like she normally does and she has loose hair everywhere sticking out =[

I feel so bad for her is there anything I can do to help her/calm her down? I'm worried that she won't jump into my hands anymore because she doesn't trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I just realized her right eye is half shut while the left eye is completely open! Is it normal for them to do this or did something happen?? I've never seen her do this before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She will be fine. Sounds like a fur slip. Give her time to calm down. As for her eyes, keep an eye on them. Odds are, she is fine.

It's because of stress it freak her out u will need to train her from the beginning start will treats like raisins and sliced apples and but then in your hand a couple times and she'll walk right up to u

Please no raisins or apple slices as they both can cause bloat. I would just leave her alone for a while and than start slow. She may be mad for a little bit but I'm sure she'll get over it and be friendly soon.

Fruit should not be fed. Try plain old fashioned oatmeal, rosehips, dried herb and flower mixes from chinchilla sites, and twigs of various wood.

Keep her quiet and she should be back to normal soon. They seem to forgive accidents and stressful events pretty easily once they are back in a comfortable place.

First think about how stressed you are/were too! Then you can simply start talking to her about how you're feeling/felt. Sounds crazy, but I've found that when I am scared or even worried(ie sick chin) that it helps me and them to talk about it! Your voice will soothe and calm them and I've found that my tone/inflection changes totally after talking for a few minutes. Animals pick up on our "vibes" and this is one little thing I have noticed both working with babies/chilren/adults and of course animals. The human voice and presence is very soothing.

Back