settled on names for my chins!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tams

So, after about 2 weeks of trying to figure out names for my lil ones, it just came to me last night when I had a friend over and we were just watching and admiring how cute, silly and fat they are. I had the poll up for everyone to vote, and tho I do love all those names I put up there, and thank everyone for there input, I didn't even go with any of those names.
One name I chose, was actually a name I suggested for Psych Ash's new lil fatty girl..(Bessie)....I had suggested Miss NomNom (Noms for short), and Nibbler (a character from the show Futurama)

So there they are......Miss NomNom and Nibbler!

thanks everyone! I know they aren't "cutsie" little names, but they fit....well, for a chinchilla, tho mine aren't the biggest chewers....only thing they really chew is their lava ledge, they haven't touched a single bit of their shelves.

One of ours is called Nibbler! I think it's such a cute name for a chin :)

We've got three more which are currently nameless :wacko:...thinking of Sooty (Standard), Sweep (Mosaic with grey face) and Fatty (White...very chubby)

Emma

I name all of my chins for the letter of the year they are born in, it has been pretty interesting this year. Not a whole lotta names starting with Z out there. So far I have Zoe, Zane and Zahira.

Last edited:
I name all of my chins for the letter of the year they are born in, it has been pretty interesting this year. Not a whole lotta names starting with Z out there. So far I have Zoe, Zane and Zahira.

I don't understand? The letter of the year they were born in??

Hi Tams,
I am a small breeder. When a chin is born you keep track of them by their number, each year begins with a number for this purpose, this year all chins born will begin with "Z". When my kits go to their new homes, their pedigree will reflect the year that they were born along with the number order in which they were born that year. I just sold a standard kit and she was "Z002". She was our second chin born this year.
Hope that helps.

Back