Sending a letter to a different country?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinch

Hey guys, I'm hoping somewhere out there someone knows how to do this, or knows somewhere legit that I can find out how to do this....

I am trying to send a thank you card to the Dominican Republic. I have the address to where I am trying to send it to, however I live in the United States (Illinois) and I really have no idea how to "address" it.

For example, in the United States, we put the name of the person on top, then the address in the middle, with the city, state and zip code on the bottom.

I have no clue how I'm supposed to write this address, can anyone help?

Yea, I read that one too, but I'm still a little confused! This is the "address" I was given.... address is EXCELLENCE PUNTA CANA PLAYAS UVERO ALTO, HIGUEY PROV.
LA ALTAGRACIA DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.

No zip code required.

So, I'm not sure if all that stuff on the first line needs to be on the first line of the envelope, it's supposed to be in Punta Cana, but I dont even see Punta Cana anywhere on the address, so I'm totally confused. By the way, it is also being sent to a resort, so this is not a residential address.

It is a complete address for the DR and it maps correctly in Google Maps.

Take it to the post office. They'll look up the address for you and tell you how much postage you need. Also, I'd put the person's name on it if there is someone specific (like a hotel manager).

They will also make you a label for it, but in the future it doesn't matter so long as you get all that on the envelope. :))

Back