Secret Santa sighs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really sucks. I had a year in another forum's SS exchange where my gift was received and then re-gifted to someone else in the same exchange. I found out when the other person thanked her SS with pics of her chin chewing on the toy I had made. Now THAT was a kick in the face!!!

That stinks. I had an experience like that, and not getting a gift in return for an exchange. It makes me not want to participate in future exchanges.

I think we started it plenty early enough. Like Ash said, we started it before Thanksgiving!!

There's always going to be a dud, so to speak..and it's very unfortunate. Jeanette, I wish you would have PMed me or Ash about it! (If you did, I'm sorry!) I would have sent you a gift myself, it's no fun to be shafted like that. :(

If you think you can't afford it, or just don't have the time..don't sign up. I hd a similar situation on another forum. I ordered and payed for stuff but the person didn't send it to my SS (well, they said they did send it..but they never got it. :thinking: This person up and vanished a few months later....)

I think the 'bad santa' thing is a good idea, Ash.

Not necessarily Solarsis. It may have just been that the "middle man" couldn't afford a gift after all, so just passed yours on rather than keeping it. It would be a pretty rude way to annouce it though. I would have let you know privately first.

Lol, I am sorry, but this bad santa thing is too funny! I didn't get to do it last year either, but can't wait for this year! I promise to be a good santa!

There's always going to be a dud, so to speak..and it's very unfortunate. Jeanette, I wish you would have PMed me or Ash about it! (If you did, I'm sorry!) I would have sent you a gift myself, it's no fun to be shafted like that. :(
Aw, that's really sweet, but not necessary.

I think the 'bad santa' thing is a good idea, Ash.

What would constitute as a 'bad Santa'?

Also, there is only one person on here that I would ever consider buying from. Too bad that she doesn't make chinchilla stuff.

Last edited:
Not necessarily Solarsis. It may have just been that the "middle man" couldn't afford a gift after all, so just passed yours on rather than keeping it. It would be a pretty rude way to annouce it though. I would have let you know privately first.

I won't go into the details of it but it was not a financial situation...and she had specifically asked for chew toys for her pets. She actually told me as well that she had hoped I wouldn't find out.

Jeanette, since it's March already, can you tell us what you asked for? I'm nosy :)

It was a donation to the Toronto Humaine Society made in my and Spiny's name. THS is an awesome no-kill shelter that actally works with animals (not just an animal rights group or anything). I ended up just doing it myself.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that is horrible :(..... I can't wait until this year so that I can be part of it!!

The same thing happened on another forum that I belong to so the requirement was there was a shipping deadline date that all packages must be shipped by and you had to PM the organizer your tracking information for the package. If you didnt have your item shipped and have tracking info in on time you got a pm asking for a good reason and if it wasnt the person was kicked and then banned from the forum.

I never got my secret santa gift either. I think it is really in bad taste to sign up for something and then not follow through. I'd feel differently if the person who had me had a reason for not following through, but she kept saying that she promised she was going to send it, that it was going to be late, etc., etc. Yeah, whatever. She disappeared shortly after Christmas.

Again. PM Stacie or I with your "bad santas" so we know who not to involve in upcoming years/can pass list on/etc.

Mander, SS on this forum isn't run by the forum moderators. They can't be banned for not sending out their gift. However, whoever organizes it that year can kick butts. While it would be nice to require a tracking number for all purchases/gifts, often times that costs more, so it's not something we can require, only suggest.

Back