SEC Chapter MCBA Show Dec. 3, 2011, Kissimmee, Florida

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6Dusters

Saturday Dec 3, 2011 in Kissimmee, Florida

Location: Osceola Heritage Park with the show to be held in the St. Cloud Room. The St. Cloud Room is located inside of the Heritage Park building.
www.ohpark.com

Judging the show: Ann Ingram

Set up at 7 am. Registration and grooming from 8 to 10. Show starts at 10.
This will be an optional claim show.
Breaking for lunch. Lunch on your own at local area restaurants.
After the show a free pizza social will follow in the judges room at the Ramada Inn located on Irlo Bonson Highway/Rt 192. Less the 1/2 mile from the show.

FEES: MCBA members: first chin $5, subsequent chins $4.50 each
Non MCBA members: first chin $10, subsequent chins, $8 each
Those attending but not showing will be $5 each. Show books $5. Show books free to those showing 5 or more chins. Baby derby entries will be $4 each. (age 3-6 months)

There will be a 50/50 and prize raffle. Some of the raffle sponsors:
Items from Martin's Cages, chinchillas.com, tjs chinchillas, chinchilla depot, lonestar chinchillas, critter cages, simplechintastic, Anns Chinchilla Ranch, Blue Ribbon Chinchillas.

If you have any questions about the show please contact: www.centralfloridachinchillas.com and follow the links on the web page.

The Ramada Inn will offer a discounted rate to those attending the show. This information can be found on the central florida chinchillas web page and listed with the show information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have contacted Lynn this morning and have asked her to correct the show date on her web page. First page has the correct date and second page does not.

I will also let her know the link to the show hall on her web page is not correct. Please note at the current time the hall doesn't have the chin show listed yet.

And I am also going to ask her if any animals are going to be part of the raffle.
Thanks, Alex

Just an FYI: The chapter has asked the show hall not to post the date of the chin show on their web page. Seems PETA is a problem down there.

October is screaming by fast! This show is right around the corner. Who else is going to make the trip? I'm thinking of what to bring for a raffle prize...

I tried to get the time off work, but couldn't. That's right in the middle of buck season and too many of my male coworkers ahead of me wanted off.

Darn it Mish! Too bad a mental health day couldn't be a couple days for you. And boy do I know about "buck season". My dad contracted that fever 50 years ago and nothing stands in his way. Not even birthdays. :hilarious: But we still love him. Hee Hee

Just wanted to let you all know there are still rooms available at the hotel near the show hall. Very close by. See link for details.

http://www.centralfloridachinchillas.com/

Who else is going to go? Will be a great show! I plan on bringing some applewood I just harvested as raffle donations. And I can also bring some for anyone interested in buying their own private stash. ;) Let me know. December 3rd will be here in no time!

Oh goodness! I didn't even realize it was this upcoming month! I plan on going, though with it being this close I am hoping I can get the time off work. >.<

I just arrived home last night. Spent a few extra days with my best friend north of Orlando.
I will get the results up as soon as I can. I don't have all the info so I don't want to miss anyone who worked hard to win in the sections. Was a very good show. Small. We had just enough animals at 51.

Next years date will be different. The chapter is going to try something that will work out better in hopes of getting northern breeders down there. They would like as many as possible to be able to attend.

The Ramada Inn was near this hall. Very clean and plenty of rooms. Lets hope to use them again next year if they use the same show hall.

I also took some photos and I'll put them up when people have been recognized for their winnings. And I want to tell all of you that I have never seen so many raffle items. Amazing! Everything from a Silver Surfer purple wheel from Chinchillas.com to baskets overflowing and a standard chinchilla from Ann Ingram the judge. So many generous sponsors. I bought $20 worth of tickets and won a travel cage, a basket and a chin house. And believe me there were many tickets in each paper bag. I couldn't believe I won three things.

So I hope next year to see as many of you that can possibly make it. Was a good show. Well done to the chapter and congrats to all the winning animals!

Grand show champion: Standard Male. Norwood Chinchillas
Reserve show champion: Standard Male. Norwood Chinchillas

Champion female: Standard. Norwood Chinchillas ( this fine animal was Jessica Godins girl ADK X15)
Rerserve female show champion: Beige wrap. Jessica Mathis

Champion male: Standard. Norwood Chinchillas
Reserve champion male: Norwood Chinchillas

White: Male. Norwood Chinchillas

Violet: Male. Blue Ribbon chinchillas

Beige: Champion female. Jessica Mathis
Beige reserve female: Lyn's Chins

Beige: Champion male. Altamonte Chins
Beige male reserve: Lyn's Chins

Standard: Female. Norwood Chinchillas
Standard reserve female: Norwood Chinchillas

Standard Male: Norwood Chinchillas
Standard reserve female: Norwood Chinchillas

Baby Derby:
1st Place: White mosaic male. Hazel Richmond
2nd Place: Violet wrap. Melissa Matheny
3rd Place: White mosaic male. Lyn's Chins

Congrats to everyone!

With all the work Lyn and I and others were doing.......I can't believe there are any photos. Poor Lyn didn't get any on her camera despite giving it to someone to take photos. At least we have these. Wish I had more.

Attachments

• SECSHOW 004.jpg
    SECSHOW 004.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 28
  • SECSHOW 005.jpg
    SECSHOW 005.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 26
  • SECSHOW 006.jpg
    SECSHOW 006.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 23
Photo1: Judge Anne Ingram
Photo 2: Trophy table prior to show
Photo 3: Lyn grooming. She put on the SEC show

Attachments

• SECSHOW 010.jpg
    SECSHOW 010.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18
  • SECSHOW 012.jpg
    SECSHOW 012.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 18
  • grooming.jpg
    grooming.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 22
Photo 1: judging
Photo 2: White male
Photo 3: From left to right. Anne ( judge) myself, Patty, Lyn, Jessica, Mauricio

Attachments

• SECSHOW 013.jpg
    SECSHOW 013.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 18
  • SECSHOW 015.jpg
    SECSHOW 015.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 23
  • SECSHOW 016.jpg
    SECSHOW 016.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back