Scratching

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizd2323

Got my chin, Gizmo, this weekend. He is 7 weeks old. I haven't changed his brand of food or hay since I got him. I have given him one dust bath and he hasn't quite got the hang of it. But the last couple of days when im sitting in his room with him talking to him I have noticed he is scratching an awful lot. I would say it to be more than normal. He has chew treats in is cage made by some of the people on this forum so I know they are ok for him. Any Suggestions or am I blowing it out of proportion???

He may have dry skin which is causing him to be uncomfortable. Try to look at his skin to see if it is flakey or red.

Got a look...it's not red..saw a couple of flakes but that's it. Should I just not give him a dust bath for a bit?

I give my girls a bath around once a week in the winter because it's so dry. My girls scratch themselves to occasionally. It probably is t anything to worry about if it's not scratching all the time. Chins get itchy too :)

Back