scratching ears every time I try to pet my chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keirazak

Hi me again!! I've had my too boys around a week now they seem to be doing fine except for there fussy eating habits which im hoping will change in time. The problem im having is when I go to stroke frankie every time you out your hands near his head he pulls away shaking his head and scratches his ears. He won't let you anywhere near him to stroke him. He doesn't scratch his ears any other time except when you try and pet him. If I pick him up hes fine and will let you stroke him its just really strange ive looked at his ears and they look like they have black spots from outside of one of one of his ears can't see anything on inside Anyone any ideas what it could be, should I be worried :(

several chins are particular about where they like being touched, if at all. I have a father chin who likes having his head scratched sometimes, but despises hes back half being touched. If you try he will freak out. Meanwhile his son if fine with the back half, but hates having anyone touch his face/head. Pay attention to your chins reactions, and you should start picking up on where he might not like being touched.

He could also have slighty dried out skin from either excessive bathing, or not frequently enough, and it only bothers him when you touch it. Just a thought. Athena had it from too many baths at PetCo when I adopted her thru them from a shelter.

Neither of my chins like to be touched on the head. The don't really like their necks scratched either. However, both of them loved to be stroked down their backs and have their hind quarters rubbed. Go figure chins??

Back