Rose hips and other questions...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winknfox

"Loving my chinchillas"
My first question is about rose hips...my mother and stepfather own a natural herb farm and can harvest quite a few items that are on the ok list for chins(including rose hips, rose buds, apple wood,etc)... the question is...
Can I give my chins fresh rose hips?
What is the best way to dry them?
Is there anything I need to do to them before giving them to my chins?

Next, are there supplements that I should give my chins to keep them healthy? I get over worried sometimes I guess. I really just want to do everything I can for them to keep them happy and healthy.

I had been feeding my chins raisins(shame on me) until reading all of the posts on the negatives of raisins...which instantly scared me away from them. I had fed them to them at first because I was told they needed them in order to get Vitamin C, which I know better now.

P.S.
For anyone who is afraid their chins cannot live without the raisins or will not keep the same bond with you, thats not the case. My babies were all taken off of raisins without issue. In fact, they are quite happy with wood chews and pumice and the occassional bite size mini wheat(actually I give them half of one). I am still learning, but I know this firsthand.

Back