Rescues and the SuperPet cage.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcr

Took in a couple of rescue boys yesterday. Here's some pics.

Tan

rescuetanMBCN420920091.jpg

rescuetanMBCN420920092.jpg

Ebony
rescueebonyMBCN410920091.jpg

rescueebonyMBCN410920092.jpg

and their cage....
rescuecage2.jpg

24 hours later

I immediately got to work on the cage and finally found a use for all of my scrap/damaged/prototype tubes, shelves, couches, ect.
rescuecage3.jpg

Then I groomed them.
rescuetanMBCN420921091.jpg

The ebony guy is still a little shy.
rescuecage5.jpg

I hope they are happier now as my resident office chins. :))

rescuetanMBCN420921093.jpg

What a huge difference in the before and after with the tan chin! Ugh, and those plastic shelves, wow, they did a number on those! Those poor babies, so glad they are with you now :thumbsup:

I spent a good hour grooming the dead hair out. I had to shake the dust in as I groomed because there was such a build up of oil. They aren't real happy with me yet but I hope they will appreciate it some day. :))

Yes, they are Meadowbrook (one of the reasons I took them). I've been in touch with Amanda about them. :))

I should have probably re-phrased that. :duh: They were surrendered to me from a pet home, they were originally bred by Meadowbrook 5 yrs ago.

Imma have you come down here for a weekend and groom everybody, now that I know you do such nice work. :)

They look tons better!

I just took in a boy that I found outside and I'm having some trouble getting his fur "clean"....i was wondering what you did to get their fur so clean!

#2 comb
1 lint roller
1 lb of blue cloud

I basically scrubbed the dust into their fur, combed out the top layer of mats, then more dust and deeper into the fur with the comb and kept repeating that process until I could get the comb all the way through tail to head without it sticking.

I highly recommend a good chick flick while you groom.:thumbsup:

Tunes...I'd love to come practice anytime, just be warned that you may wonder about my techniques after a few margaritas (which of course I'll be bringing for us) :))

Good job on them - they look altogether different!
Be very careful with that cage - someone gave me one, and chins think those goofy plastic hold-'em-together clips are candy! I double-wired everything, when the upper section started falling into the lower!
Hope you've 4ft arms - almost impossible to catch a chin, and you'll need a narrow dustpan with a long handle to clean pine chips!
Started rusting after 4 yrs, so I got a Q.C. from Stacy - I've got a x-tra base and wheels, if you wanna make 2 out of your one!

Thanks for the warning Rick. This cage is definitely a piece of junk and I would not recommend it for chinchillas. I did wire the pieces together when I got it here. The cheap plastic clips had been chewed in 1/2 by the chins and were barely holding the cage together. Also the doors do not latch well and will just fall open if not carefully clipped shut.

If you put a little WD-40 on a rag, and wipe it around where the latch closes, and the latch, it works about 70% easier!

I'd use vegetable oil, as it's not toxic to the chins.
I'll second that - I would not use WD40 anywhere near a chin cage.

When you've finished with Peggy's chins, do you fancy a trip to the UK? I have some chins here who could use a good groom. :hilarious:

I'll second that - I would not use WD40 anywhere near a chin cage.

When you've finished with Peggy's chins, do you fancy a trip to the UK? I have some chins here who could use a good groom. :hilarious:
She needs to stop in California first. :laughitup:

Back