Recycling treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrrayson

Gulliver, like a lot of chinchillas, mostly likes to eat the bark off of apple branches. I also gave him some loofahs that he chewed up quite a bit but then lost interest in.

One day I saw he noshing on an apple branch that had had the bark chewed off of it long ago, but that's rare.

I've been wondering if soaking the old branches in rosehip tea would make them of interest again, as rosehips are his favorite treat. I've also put some of the loofahs in a bag of chamomile (his #2 favorite treat) to leave for a while so they'll get nice and fragrant and probably get little chamomile crumbs in them too.

Has anyone else been able to recycle treats like this successfully? Any tips?

Oh! And along a similar topic, he's fairly good about eating hay, but I've been thinking of shaking Timothy hay with the chamomile crumbs so he'll hopefully waste less of it too. Any input on this also would be appreciated.

xoxo

Grayson

Idgie does pretty much the same thing. She'll eat the bark off the apple twigs and maybe chew things a little and then won't come back to them. I didn't really try to recycle, but I heard someone say that you could put things in a baggy with something that they like and then give that a try. As much as I do like to recycle as well as save money, I've resigned myself to just letting her chew what she likes.

Back