Rabbits and chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chins1222

Hello I have wanted a rabbit for a while now and I know chins and rabbits cannot b housed together/ play together!! And I know about the pasturella but how close is too close for the cages? R they ok as long as they r on seep rate sides of the room? Or would the rabbit need to be I a different room?

Would I need to change clothes between caring for the rabbit and the chins? Will it transfer that easily? I don't wanna risk my chins so if it's that easily passed I won't b getting a rabbit lol but if I only need to keep them in separate rooms and wash hands between each of them that's no big deal but I can't change clothes every time I check on/ care for each of them!!

I know there are a lot of posts on this subject but I could t seem to tint one that answered my question

Thanks

I know the rabbit needs to be a in a completely separate room. They can never be in the same room. To be honest, I would probably change my clothes (and wash my hands really good) if I handled the rabbit before caring for my chins. I might be going too far though lol. Better safe than sorry! I'm not really sure if it would spread that easily, someone more experienced can probably answer that question.

If it helps, I don't think you need to change your clothes. We run a small scale rabbit rescue, have 16 rabbits in the house with Magyk in a seperate room. We've never had a problem.

Back