Quiet chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llittlebllonde

My female chin is very quiet. She rarely ever makes a sound. The only times I have ever heard her was one night after I held her more than she likes she barked for awhile after I went to bed, and when I per or scratch her above the tail. From what I have read most chins are talkative? Any ideas?

Most chins are not talkative. They all have their own distinct personalities. My chins rarely make noises. Sometimes they will make grunting noises or squeaks and they will bark, but it's really rare.

Chins are very very quiet animals with exceptions of course. My Chin is very quiet I can go weeks without hearing her make a sound. On occasion she does call out for a response or make those little comfort peeps or teeth chatters.

My chin "talks" occasionally, but he's very quiet. If I'm not within a couple feet of him I wont hear it, and usually my boyfriend cant ever hear Yuki. He's most vocal when knacking that he's annoyed by something. The happy chips are super quiet.

I am glad to hear Sprocket is not the only quiet chin. Many things I read suggested they were not quiet pets. She has knacked at me a few times when I have scratched her bum and made some short quiet guff sounds at me when I have tried to get her out of the cage but that is it. I don't think I have heard any happy chin sounds yet but she has only been with me about 3 weeks.

What do you do to encourage happy chin sounds?

Its only been 3 wks. Let her settle in. For some chins that can take months. And some chins never make 'happy' sounds. In general chins make more sounds running around their cages like nuts than they ever do by 'voice'.

Back