quick ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola

in my house all i have is scented and also have perfumeless babywipes and i really need to clean her cage is it ok to use these

What's in Baby Wipes? Wood is porous. If you wipe down shelves with it, most likely it will be absorbed. THEN...your chinny may chew on the shelves and get whatever chemicals are in baby wipes in his/her system. Same goes for cage bars. If there's lotions, etc in the wipes...they most likely don't evaporate on the cage bars. Whatever residue is left could end up in your chin. I guess what I'm trying to say is "I" wouldn't use them.

call me stupid but do i poor it onto wat needs to be cleaned

Mix the water and vinegar in a cup or bowl. Then use a clean cloth to dip in the mixture. Use that damp cloth to wipe down your cage. This is how I clean my cages.

is it same in wood and also how long shpuld i wait until re putting the items in the cage

Iv never used it on wood personally. (Mainly cause my shelves arnt wood ). But iv used 50/50 vinegar and water, mixed it up, and used it to clean down my shelves. Immediately followed by a very thorough rinsing. Dried em up very well, and put them back in the cage. However I'm a cautious one so i did over rinse to be sure, and i did this while the chins were asleep. So it it had some time before they relay came out to mess with it much.

Back