Putting FN 142 together?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashley00

I am waiting not so very patiently for my FN 142 to come via UPS right now. I work at 2 and I hope it comes before then or I have to some how get it from the apt office to my upstairs apt :hmm: all 91 pounds... I am sitting at my computer watching out the window haha. How hard is it to put together when you are just a one woman team. And how long does it take on average for one person to do it themselves - or how long did it take you if you did it alone?

It didn't take me that long. The base was the hardest for me. Once I had the base built, the rest was super easy.

Not that long for me to set up either but the first time I did it it took a little longer, probably about an hour maybe a little longer.

it's not so hard, basically just put the parts on the way they're suppose to be (i ended up putting the top level on backwards lol) and then put the screws in. shouldn't take you more than an hour i'd say.

I finally got it around 6:30 this evening and I put it together. When using the bass pans, do you put them in on top of the plastic or put them in without the plastic? I'm guessing no plastic pans at all, because chinchilla cages are a no plastic zone. Just checking though.

Yep, no plastic :) One thing I like about the FN141/142/143 cages is that they leave a LOT of room for self expression LOL! If you're creative, and a little handy, you can put them together in different ways than they're originally intended to have a bit more of a "custom" cage that suits you!

Back