Pro-C supplements?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenxx810

I've read somewhere that chins need sufficient amounts of calcium and vitamin C in order to be healthy. Calcium usually being provided by proper diet, but Vitamin C? I was on the flying saucer wheels website and noticed that they offered a Pro-C supplement. Any word on these? Worth it? Necessary? Thanks!

No. These supplements are not necessary for healthy chins. Chins will get much of the nutrients they need from hay and pellets. The only time they may need any kind of supplement is if they are sick and recovering as recommended by a vet.

If you wan't to supplement Vit C, give them crushed rose hips-acts as a treat and is beneficial. I personally am on the pro Vit c band wagon and have always gave it.

Those tablets are excellent. The really important stuff in there s the probiotic. I feed them to all of my animals and they never get GI tract issues and I haven't had an illness in 4 years of breeding. They have worked a long time on formulating that tablet and I know my chins benefit from them.

Back