Portable washing machine

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kirara

I was wondering if anyone has/had used a portable washing machine? I'm looking to get one for my apartment and I'm not sure what kind to get. Any info would be nice.

I had a Sears one - it was only portable in the sense that it's smaller than a standard machine. It hooked up to a regular faucet and a regular electrical outlet. I loved it - so much more convenient than going to the laundromat. It took about a 2/3 sized standard load. It was relatively narrow, so it fit into the spot we had in the apartment well. I ended up selling it on craigslist when i moved; you might be able to find one there :)

We had a Haair (sp?) in our first apartment. We hooked it up to the kitchen sink and did laundry in the kitchen, then rolled it into a corner and covered it with a tapestry when not in use (we weren't allowed to have it). It could take 8lbs of laundry which was a small load but more than you'd think. It saved us a ton instead of having to use the laundry mat but we only used it for a year before we moved. It wasn't horribly loud, you could hear it in the upstairs bedroom when it did spin cycle but you couldn't hear it outside. The thing was that you had to connect it just right or you could expect to get a bath out of it before the load was done... I mopped up that kitchen floor so many times because we hadn't gotten into the "groove" of hooking it up right, so it was a good thing we had it on tile instead of carpet. But overall, it saved us a lot of money and once we figured it out better it was easy to use.

Theres a few i've looked at and they range from $200-$450 and those are the cheaper ones.

Back