Poptart Stormrider 3/26/2007-8/22/2011

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalandra

Its been a long hard year for us. First Cooper died 6/10 of leukemia. Rose followed 7/15 from mast cell cancer and now Poptart has followed them. My three babies are together again. And I miss them all so very much.

Poptart was a rehome. Her previous owner told me she was not very friendly. I was expecting a quill ball that I would have to work with to resocialize. Instead what I found was a very skittish and shy hedgehog, who when she felt exposed she would try to frantically hide. Once hidden though she would calm down and was simply one of the sweetest babies I've had the pleasure to know, right from the beginning.

She loved her tummy rubs. She'd push herself under your hand, rolling on her side or even her back to allow you access to rub her tummy. She was actually quite forceful about getting them sometimes. And when she was done, and you wouldn't stop, she would give you a little nip.

She loved snuggling on my chest and I think would spend an entire day doing it if I would sit still that long.

She was also the most vocal hedgehog I've known. She had such a wide range of noises she would make. Little whines for when she wanted to go somewhere and I was blocking the way. Little noises for I'm ready to eat, content sounds, so so many ways to communicate what she was wanting or feeling.

She is the last of my quilled ones at the moment. My cages are all empty now. I've been in this place before, its not a happy one.

I miss you so much already my love. I'm so happy you found your way to me. Run little girl, chase mealworms and run like the wind.

Okay, now I'm crying. I am so sorry Julie. Your babies were all so special, they will always be a part of you. I know you are sad, hang in there. You were such a good mom to them all. *HUGS*

I'm so sorry Julie. I know it's been a really hard time for you this past year, between illnesses and loss. The only thing I can say is she was very loved and now she's not in pain anymore.

Rest in peace Poptart.

Oh Julie, I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Sleep well, Poptart.

I literally yelled "NO!" when I saw the name and where this thread was. I am so so sorry, Jules. She knows she was a very loved hedgie.

RIP Poptart where you'll never have to hear another scary, loud noise.:flowers5:

I am sooo sorry! Poor Poptart! I hope my 'tart can live as good a life as your sweet 'tart did. I'm honored that they share such a great name! He has big hedgie 'poo shoes' to fill that's for sure. :)

Julie there are no words I can give to make the ache in your heart go away. I am sorry, so sorry, you have had to say goodbye to your beloved hedgies. I know how much you loved Poptart--loved all of them. I hope it helps a tiny bit knowing they are all together again. Hugs to you, my friend.

Oh Miss Poptart. I'm so sorry you had to leave your hedgiemommy. She loved you very much. I hope you find your sister over the rainbow bridge. I'm sure the two of you will talk up a storm. I believe you have at least one more sister out there - maybe you've found her already too... or them.

I'm sorry Julie :( Sending many hedgie hugs your way.

I am so sorry, Julie. I have loved listening to your stories and rants about your quilled kids. Poptart was loved by many and will be missed by all. :(

Oh Julie,

Words can't describe how much my heart hurts for you right now.

Rest in Peace Cooper, Rose and Poptart, watch over your Mommy until you meet again.

:flowers4::flowers5::flowers6:​

So sorry Julie, empty cages are so heart breaking. Your babies were so loved, my thoughts are with you.

April

Back