Police raid cannabis factory.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even imagine! My husband always jokes that I'm going to get raided with all my scales sitting around. That and when you drill pumice it turns into a white powder, and shipping hay may smell like something else.

I have syringes and scales and heat lamps. I always get made fun of for running a drug ring in my house.

I'm sure lots of people use (space) heaters though, wonder's if they do lots of raids by mistake?

I have the scale and every time I get new timmy hay in my boyfriend jokes our apt smells like a big pot house and our neighbors are going to turn us in.... :rolleyes:

I had dust held up once at the post office since it leaked and they were testing it for anthrax. The story is funny and not funny at the same time!

Oops, eh?

Am assuming they were using CHE's or something of that ilk. I suppose the garage placement was part of the issue. I tell myself these things to help with my "but that could never happen to me" reassurances... my hot spots are in a bedroom and the living room. I don't think either hotspot resident would take too kindly to loud officers checking out their homes for contraband.

With the assortment of pets who require extra heating, I wonder how many accidental raids happen.

That is amazing! I didn't know CHE's would look like a hotspot. Good to know for the future!

I wonder what our barn looks light... We have heat lamps over the chicken waterers to keep them from freezing.. The younger chicks have a heat lamp incase they need the added warmth...

That poor family!

The article did make me wonder how large a heat spot has to be and does a CHE produce enough to make a hot spot.

OOO that's scary!! We have a room heated for the hedgies and lots of heat lamps for our reptiles. Our electricty bill is over double what our neighbors pay! Hopefully the police won't start looking at bills!! lol

My grandpa was coming over a day I was refilling the chinnies toys and weighing them. So when he came in I still have the scale on the table, plus pumice dust from drilling it and hay pieces from putting hay cubes on some of the toys. He knew what it was but always makes jokes about it.

That poor family. I would be so mad. Surely they'd have to pay for any damages

Last edited:
When I had a group of Iguanas I had the whole cage(7ftx6ftx4ft) heated with the red heat lamps plus the UVB lights and some neighbor turned me in for growing weed. We were raided at 11pm at night with the whole police squad and drug dogs. They asked to see what we had growing in our bedroom. I in a sleepy voice said" Yeah we have something that is green and growing in there" I got shoved to the wall and then I heard a Girly scream and the cops came running out of the room. Heheheh seems they woke my biggest one up and she wasnt happy and charged the cage front scared the bejesus out of them. One police officer asked to hold one for "evidence" and get a picture of it.

Back