Pit Bulls?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMMTDF

What do you all think of Pit Bulls? I personally love them, but I was curious of what everyone else thought. :hmm:

I work in a vet hosp and I love all the pitbulls we get! I wish the rotties were that nice.

I have never owned one, but I have known people with them and they really love them.

I have two pitt mix pups and they are bad as all heck. But so good and so smart and I love them!

I love any breed of dog, pitbulls are no exception, but tbh, I'm more hesitant to let my kids get near them. I had friends that owned 2 pitbulls, and they could be unpredictable. Fine one moment with my kids, lunging at them the next minute. I would just rather be safe than sorry when it comes to that breed, but I certainly don't think they are an evil breed. Sometimes the smallest dogs are the meanest ones to watch out for.

I use to have 2 pits and I loved them SO much. they are awsome dogs. And great with kids. Mine loved all the kids in the neighborhood.

I love all breeds of dogs and pit bulls are no exception. I would never hesitate to adopt one if I wanted a dog. I think that any dog could lunge or bite someone and that it is usually the fault of the human caregiver who doesn't train or control their dog.

I love Pit Bulls, I feel sorry for them though, because at my local shelter you can go in the cages and pet the dogs, but the pits always have a lock on their cage :( I love almost all dogs, pekingese being my favorite, the only ones that really bother me are chihuaua and Pomeranian (my Pomeranian drives me crazy!)

My parents have two pits, and I love them to death. Sasha and Sabbath are two of the greatest dogs ever, and the most loving animals I've ever seen. I don't think pits are bad dogs at all, they are just raised with the wrong people and bred wrong.

I will actively find pit bull owners at the park etc. and be a crazy dog person/friendly stranger to help socialize them unless Bobby is with me. (He's other male dog aggressive.) However, I don't go into *any* dog's yard regardless of size without owner's permission and dog's knowledge. ANY carnivore needs to be afforded that much respect, for my safety and theirs.

Chihuahuas? Shih tzus? Daschunds? I ignore/put my hands in my pockets until I can tell if they're trained.

I love pits, and am constantly sticking up for them and trying to educate people about them. "Don't ban the breed, ban the deed"
The only reason I don't have any of my own is because its hard to get insurance with one :tantrum:

I love pits, at the humane society everyone shoos their kids away from the cage. I hate when they do that.

i have a pit that i rescued from the pound when she was less than a year old. i suspect that she was abused, because she had a cigarette burn on her head. she used to (and sometimes still does) cower to the floor when i hold large objects in my had, like brooms. however, she is a HUGE sweety with the biggest heart. pits can make great pets once theyre trained; they have enough energy and endurance to keep up with the most active owners. theyre strong enough to endure all the love you can throw at them =)

concerning the stereotypes about their aggression, personally i'm a firm believer that its not the breed but how they are trained and brought up by their owners.

Even though i was attacked by one when i was little i still love them <33 everyone says there horrible mean dogs , but it just goes on how you train them. I think there great dogs.

I have an American Pit Bull Terrier mix. Love him, and have been actively researching the breed for 7 years now. I will always have an APBT(or mix) in my life. The APBT is the breed for me. Strong, Loving, Loyal, Friendly, you can't go wrong :)

Last edited:
We had a scary incident with a pit bull a few months ago so I'm not too fond of them right now. A male pit for whatever reason decided to attack my dog while we were out on a walk. The pit was tied up in his yard and decided to charge straight at Bear for whatever reason. The pit easily broke through his chain and went straight for Bear's head. Bear at first tried to defend himself, then he tried to get away. The pit locked his jaw on Bear's shoulder. With the pit attached to his shoulder, Bear couldn't do much and we we're able to move in, calm Bear down, and wait while the owners (who had heard the fighting and came out of their house) tried to get their pit to let go of my dog. It took a while. Fortunately Bear has really thick, loose skin on his neck and shoulders and walked away with just patches of missing fur and a few minor scrapes around his ear. He was very sore and bruised for a couple weeks afterward, but was ok. My other dog Meg was there too, though not involved. She was dog reactive on leash to begin with and got worse after the pit attack.

No one breed is bad, but pit bulls are powerful dogs that can do a lot of damage if they want to. Prior to this incident, I liked them just as well as any other dog, but now unfortunately that one attack is what I think of every time I see a pit bull (which isn't too often in my neighborhood). I need to meet some sweet well-behaved ones.

I just returned from walking my (English bull) and crossed a mother and her child. The kid wanted to pet Roy but got dragged back immediatly. I said it was ok to pet him. This is what she said (translated of course)

"Bulldogs are the most hideous and false looking things i've ever seen and you shouldn't be even owning one ... they're a threat to society."

I looked at Roy ... he was just sitting there being Roy. Anyway I left thinking "what the fifi?"
and a sad bully (he loves other people)

How can you judge a dog or any other animal by how it looks?
I know more people are bitten by chihuahas, poodles etc ... (small dogs) then bulldogs, pitbulls, shepherds ...

I can't get over it somebody finds Roy hideous ... it really bugs me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back