Pics of Play Areas and Play toys

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanov8

Hey everyone! Just kind curious what everyone's play area/yard looks like. What kind of toys do you have in them? I could really use some ideas for us to setup something really cool for Chili! Thanks for sharing them!

I dont have any pics but am sure I could get some. My play area for my boys is downstairs. We took wood and boxed in an area for them. All it has mainly is some boxes with holes cut in them, and I went to my local carpet store and they gave me tons and tons of free tubes for them to crawl through. We also took some wood and made some things for them to jump on and off, kinda like steps. Nothing fancy but it keeps them entertained. I used to use the bathroom but just felt it was to small, and they kept chewing on everything, cabinets, baseboard, door, toilet lol!!

Oh! Those are great ideas! Today we are on a mission to get Chili a cool playground setup. The bathroom just doesn't seem like too much fun any more. We have lots of wood in the garage (We've been making shelfs), a carpet store at the end of our street, and a relative that works in the receiving dept at Sears! I think we can get her setup today! Thanks for the ideas!

We were just thinking about making a play area for the chins. one tht could be folded up. are they able to hop out of that playpen?? for instance if they were on top of that cute little house, could they jump out? and do you have the 11 panel plus the 8 panel?

Believe it or not, a big hit with my chins are just boxes that I cut holes in. They love running through them, hiding in them, and jumping all over them!

right now, our play area is in the spare room where they're cage is but i have to block everything off so i actually just bought one of those playpens from dr foster and smith. I got the 8 panel and then the 3 panel extension to make it 11. Its on back order though so It will be a little bit until it arrives. I'll get the extensions first lol.

We were just thinking about making a play area for the chins. one tht could be folded up. are they able to hop out of that playpen?? for instance if they were on top of that cute little house, could they jump out? and do you have the 11 panel plus the 8 panel?

its a max of 11 panels. the large playpen is only 8 for around $50 and you can purchase 3 more panels for like $20. I'm sure you could buy more extensions to make it bigger though.

I have two playpens attached together, and then attached to Tinkerbell's cage, so she can always leave her cage as she pleases. For her enjoyment, I have a long tube, boxes with holes to go in and out of, and a large maze that she spends most of her time in when she is not in her cage. I also have some stuffed toy animals with her, and will occasionally find them dragged inside her maze.

I let my chin run around in the hallway and the living room. It keeps him happy just running around. Theres many things for him to do. Like little tables he can jump on, the couch that he likes to sit on, and under a chair where he rests. I don't leave a dustbath out for playtime i give him one when he hops in his cage, too much of a mess. I have no fancy equipment or anything, but he still seems very happy.

jenn--are there any threads with pics of your play area.
also can they jump out???

i wish i could let me chins run around, but i have a dog and way too many places to hide. the couple times we had an escape artist it takes way too long to get them back in their cages.

the safest option for me is to make a fabulous play area. i would love to see photos.

Believe it or not, a big hit with my chins are just boxes that I cut holes in. They love running through them, hiding in them, and jumping all over them!

Mine are the same way! Boxes and super large cardboard tubes are their favorite. They also love soda can boxes (the long 12 pack kind). I cut off both ends and they use them for hiding, and one of them likes to use the boxes as a slide :D

I've tried other toys like stuffed fleece balls and hanging bird toys, but they aren't interested in them >_<

I put my chin in the bathroom so far he likes it... I'm afraid that might get boring though D: theres really no other place for him, but if i see he is bore dwith the bathroom i will get him something. so.. the playpen mat and cover...can they jump over that? and in my living room.. i just dont want him going under the couches

Back