Pics of Mutations Needed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tagna

Chin lover
I was wondering if I can get some pics of certain mutations for my info site. I'm working on mutations and there are a lot I don't have.

This is the page I'm working on.

http://owningchinchillas.webs.com/before-you-get-a-chinchilla

So the Mutations I need are:

Sullivan Beige
Tan
Charcoal
Chocolate
Sapphire
Violet
Blue Diamond
Pink White
Tan White
White Violet
White Sapphire
Wilson White

Or any that you see I am missing. Or if my info is wrong, please let me know. I was helped by a breeder so hopefully it is all okay. I will give credit for all pics used! You can email them to me at [email protected]

And this site still has a long way to go and it's a work in progress!

Thanks!!

529455_10151442940748620_217109891_n.jpg

This is my pink white mosaic, if you want to use it. He has a darker spot on his back, but you can see a bit of the mosaic coming through on the top of his head.

529455_10151442940748620_217109891_n.jpg

This is my pink white mosaic, if you want to use it. He has a darker spot on his back, but you can see a bit of the mosaic coming through on the top of his head.

This looks like a beigh to me. mosaics normally have the grayish ears. Just a fyi :)

They also can get freckles and have red or pink eyes, just like beige and tan chinchillas. It is the beige gene that gives the chin all of these traits.

GinChin is correct, her chin is a pink white. They have pink ears just like beiges.

Thanks for the verification Stacie. :) I don't work with the beige line.
But I do have a question on the mosaic portion mentioned. Would that come into play?

It's my understanding that a pink white will have the red eyes, pink ears, and be white. The pink white mosaics I believe normally come through with spots of beige. However, mine is less of a beige and more of a gray. However, he's only 7months, and the dark patches are still coming out. So, it can still turn more of a beige.

Only reason I would see them being called a pink white mosaic (I would instead call it a beige mosaic) would be because it has "patterning", which is what mosaic basically means in terms of that. Normally people would just call a chin like that a pink white though...

Right, and I would just continue to call him a pink white. However, as mentioned above. He's currently coming out with more of a gray patches than beige.

I attached a pic of a solid sapphire, white sapphire and a sullivan beige (I know you don't have solid sapphire mentioned and it isn't the greatest photo of her, but I have more.).

I just thought to correct the info on your site about the sullivan beiges, they were originally with short fur, and the veiling did not extend down well enough back in the 70's. Density was an issue, but not so much anymore.

Nowadays, the only issue is just getting the fur to be more resilient and stronger (which can be said the same for some other mutations too.). If you want, I can get you an updated photo of a TOV sullivan beige too (just need to do a photo shoot) and a sapphire, as I noticed there were no photos on the site.

Hope these photos help you out. :)

Attachments

• 77_9055320614_2381_n.jpg
    77_9055320614_2381_n.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 77_9055340614_1811_n.jpg
    77_9055340614_1811_n.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 472683_10151314874155615_1193963352_o.jpg
    472683_10151314874155615_1193963352_o.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts