PICS amazing how ebony whites change!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETC

HOME OF EXTREME MOSAICS!
Here is my ebony white chinchilla baby ZEBRA who was born August 25, 2011.
He is now four months old and weighs a whopping 500 grams already!
He was a bonus baby as well as his two ebony brothers, when I bought their mother she was pregnant (unknown to seller of mother)...lucky me.

When he was born, he was striped black and white....well now he is mostly grey with a black face and polka dots......think I have to change his name to Dalmation!

I thought I would share, as so many people have asked questions about how ebony whites change so drastically from birth to adulthood.

I love this guy!

Attachments

• zebra at birth (600 x 339).jpg
    zebra at birth (600 x 339).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 78
  • zebra1 (600 x 450).jpg
    zebra1 (600 x 450).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 74
  • zebra (600 x 450).jpg
    zebra (600 x 450).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 70
  • zebrabest (600 x 450).jpg
    zebrabest (600 x 450).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 79
Isn't it amazing! I look at pictures of some of my mosaics and white ebony chins from birth and now, and its pretty incredible how their patterns and coloring change over the years.
Gorgeous chin!

He sure is a unique boy, love the spot on his back! Also loving the chin in your display photo, he should be called Two-Face ;) I´ve seen baby photos of my mosaic and he changed colour completley as well, it's pretty cool.

He is cute! Perfect coloring for the "Home of the extreme". ;) After reading the last post on how mosaics can change their color (loved seeing all those pics) took a couple more of mine, just in case. Would have never known or guessed, that they can change so much.

Yes I am shocked by the change too. I was hoping he would stay dark. He has three black spots on him and dark face. Has one white leg but the rest of him has faded to grey. He is gorgeous though!

Here is a picture of Zebra at 8 weeks, it shows how his colours are blending together, and his spot is starting, and you can still see his white leg....
from 8 weeks to now, what a difference, he is almost completely grey now, still with the black face and black spot.
The first two pictures show him at birth (very dark) and now at four months (very light)
this picture is the middle age....of 8 weeks where he is starting to change.

Attachments

• zebra now (600 x 545).jpg
    zebra now (600 x 545).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 9
That is an amazing change in color. I have Bearded Dragons and Leopard Geckos as well and I thought that they had drastic color changes from babies to adult.

Back