Penna's 5 free Chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penna

So here they are my 5 free chinchillas tell me what you think

The pair, the first pick up, grey girl and black boy these guys are sweethearts
6474086929_87f73d63a4.jpg

6473725021_9b3832ebb7.jpg

then scruffy the scared crazy but so sweet little girl chinny
6474088079_8a3d4f3461.jpg

The the grey chinny who was stuck in with a mean white male, he's ok out of his cage but in his cage he's not a nice chinny, I'll see what I can do about that
6473729827_04f340e8d4.jpg

6473730929_010f2e5b71.jpg

My silly rescue chinchillas *U*

I believe the first pic is of a beige or tan chin, not a gray.
And those 2 first pics, the chins shouldn't be outside. Too many dangerous things.

They're cute chins. May I ask what the story behind them is or how you got to rescuing them?

Keep your chins inside, this must be how they got ahold of the azalea, chins have no reason to be outside.

They are all very cute. That is a lot to take on all at once, I hope you are up for the challenge! A large emergency vet fund is a must, especially with rescues.

Very cute, agree with all the above comments good luck! Also your 'black' is an ebony. In chinchilla language 'blacks' are a different color mutation. Stick around you'll learn a lot!

Speckled ears! You've got a beautiful group there. Be patient with the one that has an attitude inside his cage and it will pay off 500%. And good luck to you with so many. I'm beginning to understand what some of the other members mean when they say chins are a lot of work. And I just have two! ;)

OK first off the first two pictures of the chinchillas outside are the first pair when I first brought them home. 10 minutes, inside a playpen on grass that is chemical free, never again, I was dumb.
@ ticklechin thank you for your concern for my chinchillas, the azalea came from a new cage that caught a twig while being brought in, my husband is blind the chinchilla is fine.

So I promise chins will never get to play outside ever again.
Everyone is now separated.
The first pair came from being in line, for hay, with a woman who has a cheating *** of a husband and she was pissed off that the local SPCA was closed as he left his favorite pair behind and they were in the car and she didn't know what to do.
My partner knows I've always wanted one so we took them home, they were together in a 2x2. 5 foot cage, apparently for the last 2 months, so I let them have a run and a bath in a playpen outside while we set up separate, larger cages.

Scruffy came from a woman a coworker knew, the woman got a chinchilla when she knew she was leaving the country in 1-3 years, didn't think of finding her a home until the week of leaving the country.
She was planning on just dropping her off at the SPCA, now I love the SPCA but my local one isn't great with exotics, what's one more?

The last pair I didn't want but I felt sorry for, I keep an eye out for cages and stuff on my local creigslist, a seller who I contacted about a cage asked me if I would take the pair as she got them only to find out she has to move to another province. "Just take them or let them go in a feild", someone said that about that lovely grey.

Thank you for the help on their colors, you will see me around here or just chinchillas, a picture of the cage they have is there, *this forum and its 5pic limit*.

My local SPCA does what it can for cats and dogs, unfortunately unless another rescue takes in the exotic to foster they don't last. I've always wanted a chinchilla I really lucked out on the ones I found, I have them all on oxbow and my hay supplier is wonderful.

I finally found a herb store with rosehips in stock, still need to get one or more of those cool chin spinners.

Last edited:
Congratulations : ) you have your work cut out indeed. Do u have a shop vac :)?

Very pretty chinnies

Thank you for the help on their colors, you will see me around here or just chinchillas, a picture of the cage they have is there, *this forum and its 5pic limit*.
The 5 picture limit is per post not per thread. You can include 5 in a post and then create another post another 5, if needed.

WOW 5 Chinchillas! Good luck hehehehehe Na they are all very cute and hope everything stays smooth sailing for you! To me animals are like kids without medical insurance, so make sure you keep a savings account open for them you never know when your Vet might give you the option to either pay $2000 to try to save its life or $120 to put it down. Not saying you personally need to save cash as I dont know anyone's finical situation, just in general to anyone reading this post.
But have to say I love your Chins; really the one with dots on the ears! What did you name her/him?

The chinchillas have their own room so a sweep out every other day and a full once a week cleaning and they stay clean, maybe I just lucked out with some tidy chinchillas.
I'm lucky how I've got some amazing vets trying to help me out with my critter studies, I'm trying to switch from being a chef to a vet technician, so as long it's not major I can see one anytime, if I drive for an hour, for advice or help.
One reason I like rescued animals is because you can get a worse case senero and turn it around into something amazing.
The one with speckled ears is Lady chin, I may change it but that's what I call her.

The chinchillas have their own room so a sweep out every other day and a full once a week cleaning and they stay clean, maybe I just lucked out with some tidy chinchillas.
I'm lucky how I've got some amazing vets trying to help me out with my critter studies, I'm trying to switch from being a chef to a vet technician, so as long it's not major I can see one anytime, if I drive for an hour, for advice or help.
One reason I like rescued animals is because you can get a worse case senero and turn it around into something amazing.
The one with speckled ears is Lady chin, I may change it but that's what I call her.

bwhaha call her sparkle!!! Yes you are lucky to have great vet care :D Chef is a very good and respectable career, but Vet techs are the BEST I put them up with firemen and policemen :D So happy for you in so many ways!!!

Going from no chins to 5 chins is a lot of extra work. As long as you can do it and follow the advice on this forum I say good for you and thanks for helping needy chins

Back