Out of sticks.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GizmotheChin

Christine
Hello everyone.

I have come across a problem. The supplier I was getting my stick order from for Gizmo was away on vacation and had other order mix-ups, so I am delayed until next week on getting him his apple and pear sticks. Today he had his last stick. My question is, will he be alright without sticks until this week coming up? He has plenty of chew toys, but I have never not had sticks so I am really nervous. I had no place around me to get sticks for him and I don't know anyone else who owns a chinchilla. The only thing I can think of is running to get those Kaytee pack of small apple wood sticks. What do you all think?

I'm not an expert but mine don't get sticks every day and are fine with their other toys. Hopefully someone else can chime in!

My very spoiled boys get sticks everyday too, but I did run out a couple months ago for about a week. I got a lot of stink eyes, but they all survived with their other chew things. The Kaytee apple twigs are a good substitute in a pinch, they are just kind of expensive for what you get, but they may help avoid the stink eye.

Thank you so much for the replies -- you put my mind at ease. I don't want to do anything wrong so I always worry when I don't have the supplies I normally do. And he is obsessed with sticks!

My Walmart is a Super Walmart so they have a very small small pet section and sell the Kaytee sticks for about $1.52 as opposed to the pet store's $4. So if he gives me more of an attitude than normal, I suppose I will run to the store for him : ) And yes, he is VERY spoiled chin and he KNOW it haha

My chins never had sticks until about a week or two ago when I bought some from a member on here. They don't NEED sticks as long as they have some kind of chew toys. They just love them :)

If you are going to Wal-Mart I would suggest picking up the sticks, if not you'll probably just have to go back and get them later :) I think the Kaytee ones are around $3 at my Wal-Mart, but it just doesn't seem worth it for 10- 3inch sticks compared to the bulk ones I get.

Back