Oscar

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazicat

We went to our breeder today and had a wonderful time. Edgar got a grooming to prepare him for the show in Santa Nella next month. We also got to look at a lot of really beautiful chinchillas and I got to see Edgar mom which was very cool. We intended to just look but a big beautiful two year old reserve show champion mosaic was just too sweet not to take home. We named him Oscar and he's happy in his temporary cage getting settled in. He's also eaten and had a drink so we don't have to worry about that. We are really happy to have this new addition.

Only one photo because we didn't want to upset him.

Attachments

• Oscar's First Night 1.jpg
    Oscar's First Night 1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 54
He gorgeous! Can't wait until he gets settled in so we can see more pics of the handsome boy.

Thank you all! I am amazed to have another beautiful chin in the house. He's so different from Edgar except that they are both sweet, friendly chins. Oscar seems to be adjusting and has let us give scritches with no fear through the bars. He will also take apple sticks from our hands nervously but it's a good start. Other than that we are trying not to bother him much so he can settle.

I also have to say that spending the afternoon at the breeder's is a great way to spend the day even without bringing home a chin. So much was learned.

Congrats! He is so precious and it will be great if you are able to bond the boys. I'm happy you were able to get your mosaic! Hope he settles in nicely for you. :)

Thank you Kate! Oscar is doing great and he's a love. I had worried taking in an older chin would mean more time adjusting but it's going amazingly well. Oscar is an easy going guy and I am so grateful that our breeder matched us up with him.

Back