omg! omg!!!! yay!!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinnyMom

slave to Rhino and Guss
just made arrangements to buy a used FN 142 in great condition on Tuesday for a hundred bucks! deal of the flippin' century!!!!!! i'm so excited!!!!!

the ad said $150 obo. i asked how low she'd go, she said no less than a hundred. i said OK!!!!

can't wait til Tuesday!!!!!!! :dance3:

shhhh...... don't tell anyone, but i popcorned in my living room after i got off the phone with the lady......... :rofl:

dang it! dang it! dang it!!

the lady just called me to say that her sister has decided to get ferrets so the cage is going to the sister instead of being sold to me. dang it all to H E double hockey sticks!

i tried my best to convince the lady that her sister's future ferrets could go in the superpet cage i currently have for Rhino, and we could do a cage trade plus maybe a bit of cash for the difference. she'll talk to her sis, she said, but i don't have my hopes up.

i'm ticked! if you're going to list something for sale, sell it. don't waffle back n forth and decide after you've posted it for sale that you're giving it to a family member.

dang it!!! :(

Aww man bummer! I got my second FN 142 on CL for $75, just had to do a little elbow grease cleaning it but it's in great shape, and when I contacted the lady to make sure I could get it I was sooo paranoid that she'd end up selling to someone else or that it was too good to be true. I hope it works out for you, and if not, better luck next time! It took me a while to find that cage at that price, but man it is so worth it.

auuu. that sucks. try talking to a local non-cahin pet store and ask if they have a used cage. Then you can clean it up and add shelves of untreated pine. your chinchillas can chew and chew. I did that and only spent $75. my girls love it!!

there are only a few non-chain pet stores here and none of them offer much beyond dog and cat supplies, and when they do have chin supplies they are always crap and un-safe.

this cage was listed as perfect condition. i had a ride lined up already to go get it. i'm super pissed!

Aw, I'm sorry that's a drag. CL is tricky like that. Hopefully it works out but if not you can always search for deals on internet stores and keep checking CL. You'll come across something one of these days, it's bound to happen.

Go play with Rhino or something and cheer up!! It'll be ok :)
*pats ChinnyMom on the head* there, there...

Rhino is snoozing and i don't dare wake his highness up, lol!

decided to make yummy mushroom chicken for supper. maybe a happy belly will help to make a happier mind.

(fixes her flyaway hair after the pat on the head)

Awww, sorry to hear she broke the deal. I hate when people do that. :( Don't worry, you will find something equal or even better! :D

its a shame no doubt. But im sure a lot of ppl would offer a deal to a family member before a stranger. Honestly tho, my ferrets did not do well in the FN cage. Theirs two thing you rly must have for it to work.

One: They must be crate trained. If their not.. simply put, your screwed. Expecaly with those plactic trays.

Two: a level floor for the cage to sit on. Prbably not your first thought, but i can tell you, if your floors not perfectly level, and they deside not to use a litter pan... that stuff gets evvvvery where! Not fun.

--

I was fairly lucky in getting my second FN cage. i got the cage and a female chin off someone for 200. Considering each of them are around 200 where im at, it wasnt to bad. Of course.. the owner could of used some training... she didnt use litter for her chins. So the cage was fairly covered in chin piss... Quite a nasty suprise to find while your taking the cage apart

I would be ticked too!!! I actually had something similar to this happen this week as well. Had lined up a FN for $100 and was super excited because I need a better cage for my rescue Chins. I was going to pick it up Fri. The storey about the cage and the Chins that were in it is pretty sad and I wished I could have rescued them as well. The deal was that if they found homes for the Chins then I got the cage. Well, they only found a home for one of the Chins and then decided to keep the female and needed the cage. At this point I was thinking all kinds of things and not many of them were very nice. I hope everything works out for the best.
My storey ends happy however because I was able to find another FN for the same price but had to drive 3 hrs to get it. I got supper lucky. I went and picked it up today and it is in great shape but missing one of litter trays and both the shelves. Good thing I don't really need those items any way. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope the person changes her mind or you find another one quickly. Just remember what Rhino does know about he wont miss...keep trying till you get one...Good Luck

You can always find a ferret rescue and see if they have one for sale. I used to be in the ferret community and they often do sell them to make money.
Oh, and when searching you will just need to wade through all the "cage" listing searches. Not everyone lists the brand ferret nation I have found out. And search both pets and all for sale

Last edited:
Good tip!! The cage I just got was listed as cage...she did not even know it was ferret nation. The first FN I got I found in for sale...it was actually listed as free. Boy did I luck out on that one but it was disgusting and needed a lot of cleaning...it looks great now.

i have been searching my local kijiji many times a day using just 'cage' under the pet section, and sometimes look through all the ads in the pet section just in case somebody doesn't use the word 'cage' in their ad. my search isn't narrowed down, trust me! lol. local craigslist is crud for anything pet related, usually just lost dog ads.

the exotic pet community here is pretty darn small. i don't even think there is a local ferret rescue, but you've sparked an idea - i'm going to lurk some ferret forums to see if there are any members in my city with cages for sale. driving 3 hours isn't an option for me, since i don't drive, and i don't think i'd be able to convince any friends or family to go that far for a cage, lol.

back to searching! hope i can find a deal as good as that one soon. i know Rhino doesn't know the difference, and his cage is adequate, but i have this itch to spoil him rotten that i just can't seem to scratch completely (as i'm sure y'all know too well!).

ok folks, that FN deal was meant to fall through! i saw an ad today for a pet store close-out sale and gave them a call, just on the chance that they might have some large critter cages left........

i'm now getting a huge cat cage (same as Tagna's huge cage from the description) for $50!!!! it's on hold for me until i can get over there to pick it up, and the lady selling it is so nice! only thing wrong is that one castor is broken, but that is super easy to fix! best part is....... it's only 20 odd blocks away from me! heck, i could haul it home on the bus, hahaha!

excuse me while i human popcorn again, :rofl:

i know what you mean about human popcorning! i just ordered my first fn and FREE granite tiles to try out in there and i cant wait for it all to come in!!!!! its going to be like christmas and i think im going to be more excited than dash! lol

Everything happens for a reason, thats my saying :)) And your cage situation just proves it! Im happy for you!

Back