Old Flying Saucer Wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peep_erz

When I saw the title I knew it had to be too good to be true. No one ever has flying saucers for sale. Then I read the post and thought "wow what a great price!" After finishing reading I saw the pictures of the wheels and am now hesitant to get them. by posting this I might be advertising and letting someone else steal what might be the best deal of a life time but would you pay for these flying saucers? they look old and rusty and maybe noisy and unsafe.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pet/1645954072.html

You know, to me they don't look rusted. My flying saucer looks a bit like that, though not as bad. The metal seems to change colors due to pee and such.

I would be interested in that other wheel for a friend of mine with a degu. I would be more than happy to pay for the shipping and the $10 for the wheel. ;) Just sayin. :p

I think they look okay. My one wheel has a bit of the brown color to it, it just happens naturally over time even though I clean them off with vinegar water.

And besides, you can easily get new bearings for the Flying Saucers, and they're pretty easy to put in, I've done it.

I would buy them if I was over there and needed a wheel.

They look fine just some deposits from urine. I say it is a steal get them while you can and if you do not need all of them I'll take the others (I'm just saying also).

I use CLR on my degus saucer, I just put the saucer in the sink and pour some clr and let it soak for about 10 minutes and it comes off. It says that it is safe on the bottle, but I'm sure it is not so I always rinse and wash and rinse and wash with dishwashing soap.

I think it is whether YOU are willing to pay 25.00 for them. I would rather pay 75.00 for a new one but everyone has their own preferences :)).

i wouldnt. i have a saucer and its over 5 years old and minus not being as "shiney" as it was when new, there has been no discoloration what so ever. and my chin very much uses his for hours every night-miles and miles have been hopped. to me it kinda looks like the wheels have some how started to corrod away. if you want i can show you a photo of mine after 5 years...

See, and I don't think it's that bad, but I mean, if you go in person and they look horrible and rusty then don't get them. But I have a wheel, that I bought used, and have had it for probably about 4 years now and it looks similar to that.

Hopefully that stuff washes off. It makes me feel a little less hesitant knowing some of you have wheels that look slightly off in color. I hope most of it washes off though. I emailed the person asking if they grind or squeak or wobble when they are spun. If they email me back i'll ask for more pictures or if they think the grim could be power washed off or something.

Back