Ohio Claim Show, Oct. 27 Plymouth OH

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat75

The Ohio Claim Show is the 27th of October and will be held in Plymouth OH.

General Show Information:

Show Date: Saturday, Oct 27

Location: American Legion Post 447, 112 Trux St, Plymouth, OH 44865

Judge: Jim Ritterspach

Events and Times:

Friday, Oct 26

Set-up: Starting at 5 PM

Claiming: From 8 PM to 11 PM

Saturday, Oct 27

Grooming: From 6 AM to 9 AM

Claiming: From 6 AM until 30 minutes after show

Classification: 9 AM

Showtime: Immediately following classification

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotel Accommodations:

Country Hearth Inn, Willard, OH, (419) 935-8817
Walton Inn, Willard, OH (877) 933-2422

General Information:

This is a Claim Show and ALL chinchillas shown at available for claiming and the general rule is once the animal is listed on “The Big Board” that the first person to claim the animal has agreed to buy the animal.

Can't make this one. I had already RSVP'd to the rescue I volunteer for(dog), and it's our biggest annual event...

Have fun guys!

We're excited to be there! With working weekends we've never been able to make it to shows, so this will be our first. We're not bringing any chins to show, but maybe a couple to sell. Is that okay? We'll probably start showing chins next year when we have more of an idea of what goes on.

You definitely don't have to show to be there, and I think there is probably a separate animal claim from the show part of it.

Really wish I could make this one! :(

From the Ohio Claim Shows that I have been to in the past the animals need to be shown and placed on the big board to be sold/claimed. That is not saying that you couldn't advertise/sell your animals ahead of time and arrange that location as a meeting point to deliver animals.

Just keep in mind this is a mandatory claim show - meaning any and all animals shown are for sale up to the $200 limit. If you show you need to be prepared that someone could buy that animal. Most shows are an optional claim (meaning you can show something you are planning to keep or sell) but this isn't one of them. The $200 limit means you may not want to bring and show an animal you are planning to or could sell for more, but it is a great place to pick up some nice animals for a good price.

Thinking about making this one with a couple of my younger chins to show (a couple of medium ebs). I can also deliver any of the other standards I have left.

The show is only a week away. Bill and a couple others are planning on going to the Haunted Prison on Friday night is anyone is daring enough to go. If I can get it together we are planning on donating a mini rosette arrangement to the raffle.

If we were coming on Friday I would totally go. I love that sort of thing.

Gonna have to bring some extra cash for the raffle now.

Now since everything is for sale in this show does that go for baby derby as well?

The show is only a week away. Bill and a couple others are planning on going to the Haunted Prison on Friday night is anyone is daring enough to go. If I can get it together we are planning on donating a mini rosette arrangement to the raffle.

Dang! Bill was the haunted house hero a couple years ago. Thanks Cat for letting him protect us. I wish I could go. However we are having a Halloween party here at the house. Bill your name came up last night when we visited our local haunted forest. I told my husband you went first. LOL. Last night I hid behind my husband. :rofl: And I ran like heck when the Grim Reaper walked out of the woods behind me and I ran past my husband and our friends and spun my girlfriend around to be eaten first before me. :laughitup:

Good luck to everyone showing and buying this weekend! Unfortunately I will not be making it this year..My husband was laid off this week so will keep showing to a minimum until he finds another job. Keeping fingers crossed for something better in this next chapter of our lives!

Back