not chewing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola

i noticed my chin really doesnt chew much. she chews her wood but with loofah it takes he weeks to eat a pinwheel. her lava bites barely get action. shes also decided that she wants to bite by finger now. not that hard she just does it a lot. other wise shes healthy any tips help thanks

My boys don't like loofah. I had a pinwheel in there for over a week and between the two of them they barely took the edge off of it. Same thing with lava, I've had a lava ledge in there for 6 weeks and it has about 6 nibble spots on it. They don't like pumice either. They only like wood too, as long as it has dark bark on it! They have their likes and dislikes, some are more picky than others. My boys bite my fingers lightly, sometimes I think it's them trying to groom me or investigate if it's edible lol.

after she does bite me she makes a sound likes shes chewing something

My girls are the same way...no loofah, no pumice, only thin twigs with the bark on! Santa bought them the blue cloud rocks to try...minimal interest. They are even picky about the wood...no pecan, no pear. They love apple, crabapple and mulberry. Gotta luv them!

Back