nose bleed?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose so. I don't recall seeing it posted previously. And I'd worry about what the cause is; eg, very dry air, tumor, infection...

What's going on with your hedgie?

It is very possible. The morning my Thorne passed I nosed bleeding from his nose. I rushed him to the vet and and when they did xrays they found many tumors in his lungs which were errupting causing the bleeding to come up through his nose. If you see bleeding from the nose and can't see an obvious cut I would be taking the little on to the vet.

I suppose so. I don't recall seeing it posted previously. And I'd worry about what the cause is; eg, very dry air, tumor, infection...

What's going on with your hedgie?

Well, he was accidentally left out of his cage for a little too long when it was too cold. We found him and there was blood over all him and the blanket he was snuggling into. When he unrolled, everytime he tried to breathe blood would come out of his nose. I was freaking out and thinking it was something really serious so I brought him to the vet. However, the vet just told me it was a nose bleed. Its been a couple days now though, and he seems perfectly fine.

oh no!!! that sounds so scary... it's good that he seems to be fine now... I would be so shocked at seeing that.. poor thing...so i guess they can get nosebleeds.

What a sight to come across! I would have been panicked!

I'm really glad to hear your little boy got into a vet. You just never know what the cause of the blood could have been. Is your vet reliable with hedgies? I have two vets. One is much more knowledgeable than the other but the less knowledgeable vet is two minutes from my house (in case of emergencies). You don't think a second opinion is needed do you? As the owner, trust your instinct. If you aren't sure about the diagnosis, you can always check with another vet.

Good luck with your little guy!

Back