New Little Blind and Fearless One

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3chins

A while back I ask here about the care a blind chin would need that I saw on Craigslist. When I called she was already gone but last week was back on Craigslist from the new owner. I felt bad for her moving so much so we gave her a permanent home here.
She is said to be 5 months old but she is so tiny. She is white with a few gray patches, my son named her Patches.

I set up the bottom of a Critter Nation cage thinking she would be afraid and not move much but boy was I wrong. Patches is fearless and popcorns all over, will come over as soon as you open the door and climb on your hands.
Put in a long shelf and a couple of the half tubes about 8-10 inches high and one of Christine's houses and she bounces all over them and fast.
She reminds me of my 5 year old daughter who is blind and autistic and totally fearless.

I am happy to hear she has found a forever home with you. Do you know why the previous owner rehomed her? She sounds like a very special li'l girl!

It is amazing how quickly a blind chin can adapt and thrive. Like other animals without sight, they use their other senses. Congrats and enjoy! :)

That is so sweet Frances! Bless her little heart. If you want to send me a picture to my email, I can post the picture for you. I look forward to seeing her too!
How is your son doing? He had surgery didn't he? Been thinking of him too!

blind chin

I have an 8 week old blind male tan violet and he is doing really well. Does your blind chin run around in circles sometimes? He runs all over to each end of the cage, but sometimes, if he gets scared, he will run around in circles until he finds mom. I have seen him drinking from the water bottle and eating pellets, which was my biggest worry, but I am going to keep him with mom longer before weaning to make sure he continues to do well. He is large for his age and chubby. I keep everything in the cage in the same spot and he seems to have memorized it.

That is so sweet Frances! Bless her little heart. If you want to send me a picture to my email, I can post the picture for you. I look forward to seeing her too!
How is your son doing? He had surgery didn't he? Been thinking of him too!

Thanks Christine I will send some. Jesse hasn't had surgery loooong story but now is on a liquid elemental formula and is not allowed to eat food.

Does your blind chin run around in circles sometimes? He runs all over to each . I keep everything in the cage in the same spot and he seems to have memorized it.

She runs around the whole cage from floor to shelf and half tubes. She rearranges the cage to suit herself grabs toys and jumps on the shelf and chews on them.

Here are pictures of 3chins new girl! Isn't she adorable!

Attachments

• new girl close up1.jpg
    new girl close up1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 35
  • new girl close up2.jpg
    new girl close up2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 36
She looks very sweet.

As a matter of interest, does she actually have any eyes or are they just tiny? She looks like she has micropthalmia (tiny eyes) - you may want to get her checked out by a good opthalmic vet - sometimes chins with micropthalmia need to have their eyes very gently cleaned out occasionally - dust, debris, tears etc can get trapped behind the eyelids resulting in a build up of gunk - so it's well worth getting your little one checked out imho.

Back