New chinchilla position

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godofgods

I was courious to no if anyone else had seen this from their chins.

Iv had varing amounts of chins for about 4-5 years. Starting with one male, adding a female, and now 3 kits leave me at 5 chins. And yesterday i saw something from one of the kits (now 3-4 months old) that i hadnt seen from any of my other chins.

Its rare that i see my chins laying on their side. Once in a while they do, but they generaly are always standing noramal when they sleep. They also have a large hut in each cage. The full size of a FN shelf.

I looked in yesterday an noticed my one kit in an odd position. He was half way between laying on his side, and completly laying on his back. Like a 45 degree angle. Useing the edge of the hut to keep him up that way. I had never seen a chin laying that way before. I went to check on her, and she seemed fine. She wasnt happy about having been woken up however.

I was wondering if anyone else seen their chin liek that before. Because after all this time, i never have.

i've seen my Rhino lay completely on his back under his log house. first time he did that it completely freaked me out! lol. and like you, i woke him up just to make sure he was ok, and i've never had such an evil chinny glare...... :rofl:

Wilma will get on top of her house, roll onto her back and then bring her head and shoulders up over her rear end so that she is folded into a "C". It looks like it would be uncomfortable, but she will sleep that way, so I am guessing that it is comfortable for her.

I have a mosaic that sleeps that way all the time, very first time I saw him like that I almost flipped thinking he was dead, what a scare. And the same thing he looked at me like why did you wake me up.

My chins have also started to learn new sleeping positions and on numerous occasions I had to wake them up to see if they were ok and I just end up pissing them off lol

Mine will sleep on their side on one of the cooling rocks. Last night I put the dust bath house in for them and after they were done one of them went in and was laying on her back! It was toooo funny!!!

Back