New cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put some old shelves or something else familiar in there and put him in. He will explore it and make it home.

When I got my chin a new cage, she was scared to death of it. After I put her things in it though and things she regconized, she was fine. I put her in it for the first night the same day it came, never had any proplems with her being in it.

When I get a new cage, I like to build it and leave it in the room, empty, for a few days, and let the chin who is moving into it play in the empty cage during playtime for a couple of days. Then like on the third day, during playtime, I start moving her things over, and they usually get all excited to find their stuff being put into the new cage. Then you can usually just shut the door when you are done and they are fine, happily exploring.
If you have the time and patience, that is a really easy way to transition them.

Lol I like that Kara!
Once I build another big cage I have a feeling sage will just move herself in the same day tho.

I guess my advice is to treat a cage swap like the first days you bring a new chin home, keep it quiet and let the chin explore with out any added stress of the 'outside world'

Back