New Brand of Hay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chin2heart

I'm always trying to please my finicky little trio with new types of hay. A couple months ago, the local national chain pet store (OK, Petsmart) started carrying a new brand, Sunnaturals, marketed by Vitakraft. It comes in small bags; there are a couple varieties, some with dried vegetables. I've tried the timothy on my kids, but OMG, the Select Summer Sweet Alfalfa Hay variety I think was packaged with crack. I cannot keep enough of it on hand. They will clear out the handful or two I toss in the cage in a couple days. I have one chinnie who's having geriatric end-of-life issues and she happily chows down with the rest; it's about the only thing outside of Critical Care she can eat and is keeping her alive. Has anyone else tried this wonder food?

Chin2heart

Mama to 3 chins, Zu Zu, Peep (aka Peepzilla) and our "special needs" Smidgen

I haven't heard of this brand. I know that any hay with dried vegetables is a no no. Chins shouldn't have any fruits or veggies. As far as the other kinds go, maybe someone else has heard of them?

I noticed that, when I put the dried vegetables in their cages, they just left them and went straight for the hay. So the next bag I bought didn't have any of the extra goodies, just straight up hay.

oh lol! if you scroll down a bit on that link you see the description beside the hay kobs:

"A Valuable Diet Supplement Of Fresh Alfalfa Hay With No Additives Or Hamsters, Rabbits, Gerbils, Guinea Pigs And Mice."

too funny! (i added the bold/underline)

Back