Need some party ideas.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midwest Exotics

CnQ member since 2003
My son is turning 3 on the first. We have decided to go with a robot theme for his party as they just fascinate him & he loooooves anything having to do with them.

We picked a cute, little, happy robot for his birthday cake & have some games & a craft picked out.

We arent planning to serve much of a meal, but i wondered if anyone had any creative ideas for food?(remember this is a toddler party) I was thinking that something robot-ish or futuristic, etc? Gears, robots, future-ish, etc? Any thoughts on food items that would kinda go? When i think robot i only think metal, gears, rust, etc. haha I wonder if i can find any robot cookie cutters.. i could do cookies or maybe sandwiches with those?

I hope there are some other creative brains out there because mine just isnt cutting it this year. :throw:

Well Kate it isn't much but chex mix has always reminded me of nuts and bolts--and they go in a robot!

Maybe you could make cookies in circle and square shapes and frost them with silver frosting. You could put dragees on them to make them look like robot parts maybe.

How about a robot pinata? You could make it yourself with a square box and then do slinkys for the arms and legs maybe--I can't think of head right now though.

hmmmm...maybe have a "robot creation" station and have different types of fruit cut up and they could use toothpicks to make robots out of chunks of melon, strawberries, pineapples, etc. Not sure if that's too advanced for three year olds...Or I guess you could just make them yourself. :)

Oooh I love beanjelly's idea of the fruits with toothpicks. I don't know if anyone has noticed this before but beanjelly really comes up with great ideas!!!!

Kate I sure as heck hope you're going to take a lot of pictures of Kaiden's b-day! I love him! I love seeing pics of him!

you can find some sort of cookie cutter that is a robot or goes with the theme and make finger sandwiches useing those shapes. I do this for my sons lunch so they have something special.

I wonder if there's something you could do with the colorful gears from Kaiden's old "Busy Gears" toy? Maybe even just use them as decoration somehow so none of them get lost (I know it's a miracle that we still have all the pieces to our toy).

7821793509a0d9c0345e6110.L.jpg

Thanks everyone!!! So far those are great ideas!!!! Im going to look around for a robot cookie cutter & hope i can find one around here. I dont think i can have one shipped before the party.

Meredith, he does still have his gears, maybe we can work those into a game or hang them above the table.. Hmmmm

I really like the fruit idea.. pretty much all kids like fruit & of course playing with their food is always accepted! =]

Laurie- You should know me well enough by now, no doubt i will take MANY photos depending on how smoothly things go. (Now it may take me a month to empty them from my memory card...but i will show them off at some point. haha)

I remember seeing little Jell-O molds shaped like Legos and gears and such. That was at least a few years ago now, so I don't know if they'd still be available... but if you could find some of those, you could make Jell-O "jigglers" in those shapes. That could be fun, I think. :)

I was going to suggest what minrex said. Square jello jigglers pieces + fruit and they get to build (and eat) their own robots.

If you can find enough boxes of different sizes, a small group of kids could even make robot 'costumes', with shoe boxes for feet, egg boxes for square 'bodies' and then a paper bag to paint for a mask/helmet.

Goldfish or pretzels in silver foil cupcake liners...wrap the juice boxes or drink cups with foil and put an "Oil" sticker on them LOL.

Goldfish or pretzels in silver foil cupcake liners...wrap the juice boxes or drink cups with foil and put an "Oil" sticker on them LOL.

Yup i got the juice boxes... the idea came from the tin man's oil can. We just watched that the other night as kaiden sit drinking his juice box & it rang a bell. lol I went & got a ton of foil tonight, so thats my plan. Im going to cover our door in foil & then glue pie tins & other random lids & call that our circuit board. Chips will be regular chips, but we will call them 'computer chips.' I know, i know, pretty lame, but it gets the kids to use their imagination a little anyways. haha
I really wanted to do the dress up as a robot thing, but im not sure that they would have great enough attention spans nor the amount of time. Not to mention i dont have many extra boxes around here right now & my husband cant get too many from work as its busy season.- Bummer.

I think i have some solid ideas, not that the 2, 3 & 4 year olds will really care... there is cake, thats about all they need, right? haha

I will post photos as i take them, of course!

first thing when you said robot was I thought of Wall-e so I looked up a Wall-e themed birthday party http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/party_wall-e-birthday.htm and they have a few ideas in there that could be used for four year olds, like the junk-yard obstacle course, you could do they relay but instead of planets you could make 2 robots out of cardboard and have the kids put them back together (head, arms, legs body) plus while they're eating their snacks you can put on wall-e the movie, depending on how long you want the party to go.

theres also party ideas for the movie Robots http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/party_robots.htm

and also transformers
http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/party_transformers_birthday.htm

I dont know if you want general robots or a specific type but you can incorporate what you like.

Last edited:
We were trying to stay away from the movie theme robots. He does love Robots & wall-E, but we wanted to do something more original & imaginative, if that makes sense?

We will only have one 4 year old, my niece, so im not sure we can do too many real games yet. Maybe ape the bolt on the robot...

I suppose i will have to check out the box idea(i never really though about fast food places & them really appreciating people taking them.) hehe.. i was thinking.. what about using paper bags instead? Still fun, yet simple & can be robotish. =] My brother & i used to do this when WE were kids! haha

Thanks to everyone who donated an idea, we are excited! =]

Just thought i would share a few of the photos from kaiden's party. He/we had a blast, lots of friends & family were there & the kids couldnt have had a better time.

We ended up not doing a lot of the things we wanted, but if you can imagine 10ish toddlers running around not much can be done or orderly. haha

Unfortunately it was a touch too cold & windy to do the outdoor playtime with his new extreme coaster http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1427 All the kids were pretty bummed about that, but their play wasnt at all put on hold. =]

Kaiden was getting embarrassed with me taking photos of him, so i didnt get many smiles & more or less the, "mom leave me & my friends alone" look. I respected that as he's becoming a big boy now & far too cool for that.. but it did make me a touch sad. lol I suppose im not going to be able to take pictures of his 16th b-day too much huh? .. just a glimps into the future here. hahaha

Anyways enough rambling & on to the pix.

3330573483_34ef380c5e.jpg

His robot ... we didnt have time to color them, nor did the kids want to sit still anyways. haha

3331443212_61b35097b2.jpg

Making his birthday wish...

3330611335_89e8f536fd.jpg

With grammy

3330635091_551746e7ec.jpg

OOOO clothes!

3331499622_0cf9f9b1d1.jpg

He was after something, thats for sure!!!! (my niece, daisy on the left & my friends little girl, Reagan.

3330671197_48107effd4.jpg

His first bike!!! He was pretty happy!All the kids flocked to him once this came out!

3331548208_22e1e7642b.jpg

Yes, this is our ugly 60-70's couch, we love it ugly or not.. i like old furniture..its a nice conversation piece. lol Anyways, my nephew, Cohen, Friends twin girls, macy & Morgan, Niece, Daisy, & friends daughter, Reagan. YOU try getting ALL of them to look. hahahahahah

3331541784_3788133b04.jpg

I LOVE kaidens face in this one. haha Eww, girls!

3330724061_fbfff700e0.jpg

Later that night taking his bike for a spin in the HOUSE!

3331578572_03dea67afa.jpg

Daddy letting him play on the wild side.. the flying bike.(Yes, the house was left in pure madness!)

3330750941_7c26961427.jpg

YAY!!!!!

3330548211_d12a91d593.jpg

The robot cake everyone was waiting for..Originally i was going to have him holding a heart, but chris said he's too old for that. hahaha We had pineapple on one half & chocolate cherry on the other.mmmm

3331354008_f8a2c10725.jpg

This was one of the tables, we did robots with plate bellies... Kaiden loved this & its still on the table. haha

3331361750_9272bb58b9.jpg

This was the door(i did about an hour before the party..)This was our "circuit board."

3331360768_c87171470f.jpg

The robot i made, chris made a tin can one, but i forgot to take pictures of it .. we still have it though.

Back