My latest kits

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathiva

Kathiva La Diva
I have had two babies born in these few days,

Z8 standard sapphire carrier female from my chin Indigo, born on April 29th, 2010, weight 42 grams, I am keeping this little girl because she was born on my birthday and named her Florencia, here are pictures of her, I lover her pink nose

SDC13012.JPG

SDC13010.JPG

Z9 white sapphire male born to my chin Jewel, born today, may 5th, 2010, weight 54 grams, this little boy will be up for sale later, will post pictures of him soon. This little guy was already born when I was back from my daughter's concert, so missed the birth, and the same for Z8.

Congrats on your cuties!!
Seems like you can sneeze and miss a live birth - I know it's happened to me!

Here there is some pictures of the cutie white sapphire male, I thought in keeping him since I don't have any white sapphires in my herd, but also want to see how he turns out as he grows older.

SDC13108.JPG

SDC13106.JPG

SDC13151.JPG

In this last picture he was standing right there and I found it so cute that I was able to take a picture of him, this baby moves a lot compared to the little baby female that it makes it harder to take a picture of him as he never stays put.

I like him very much, I love the pink nose too, the sapphire carrier girl has a pink nose as well, I like chins with the pink noses, it makes them look very sweet.

This baby looks almost like a sapphire, but I am certain that he is a white sapphire because the tip of his tail is white, as well as his feet and nose.

Hi

The little white sapphire baby boy started to have a pink eye over the weekend which I've been cleaning constantly every two hours and putting pink eye solution in the meantime, is the first time I get a chin with pink eye, my friend told me that the pink eye solution helps quite a bit, but I just wondered if there is anything else I can do, or should I bring him to the vet on monday?

The edge of his upper eyelid is a bit swollen, but the bottom is not, and his pink eye is only in his left eye, I took a picture of his eye, but I am in process in getting it uploaded, any suggestions? please?

You can use gentocin eye drops on kits. He probably has an infection or an irritant in the eye and the gentomycin(gentocin) will take care of that. You have to get it from a vet but it's something that you should have on hand with a larger number of chins anyhow.

Hi

Where can you get that solution? I would like to buy it, I have been buying a couple medicines that are good for all kinds of things, but never though about the gentocin because I didn't know that it could be used for pink eye, I thought that the eye drops would be good, but it looks like he scratched his eye with his foot or something

Oh, forgot to mention, that I put the picture to show the swelling in his upper eyelid, it looks like he got hurt in there, it doesn't look like he got some sand in his eye, because I haven't given any dust bath to the mom, since she just gave birth on wednesday, and usually you have to wait about a week to give a dustbath to the new mom and of course don't want to let the kit hop in with his mommy for a bath, and he hasn't been in contact with the dust bath either

Bedding can also be an irritant or even a hair from mom. Eyes are very sensitive. You need to get the gentocin from a veterinarian. From the pictures, it looks like an injury, not pink eye so you just need to keep it clean as it heals. You may need to take him into the vet...either way it'll be worth it because the little bottle will last you quite a while with chins. 1 drop of gentocin twice a day and gently rinsing/cleaning the eye before applying the gentocin will keep it free from infection while it heals. It will take a couple weeks of diligence but kit eye problems are easy to correct for the most part.

Thanks so much for the info, I am going to take him to the vet on monday, hopefully they let me in on the same day, but I will tell them that I would like to buy the gentocin, I will keep you guys posted

Good news, the baby's scratch healed so no he doesn't have a pink anymore, it's been more than 12 hours since his eye was shut, and yesterday, his eye got shut less than saturday, so it helped lots to clean his eye constantly, about every 2 hours, I would still want to call the vet and ask if they have that medicine so I am prepared for later. The kits is doing good and still active as always.
So I am really happy that his eye looks good now.

:bump1::):bliss::wave4::cheer2:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back