My girl is finally home

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiaSpice

Wheel Cleaner X2
After 4 hours on the road, getting lost and stuck in the trafic, I'm back from Sherbrooke with my little (she is little!) friend.

According to the papers of the SPCA, she's white :laughitup:. I was expecting an albino but she's more brown or cinamon, what do you think? They didn't tell me if she has a name, so I'm naming her Tangerine or Canelle (Cinamon in french).

She's really social and calm, he does huff a bit but never put her quills down, unlike Litchi. She's really small, I'll weight her tonight, but she's under 400 grams for sure. I had to pick up some food to make the transition (they feed her some Technical and mealies) cause I assumed I'd get a sample of food, well they gave me mealies so thats good. I also need to give her a bath tonight cause she's dirty and he also has long nails. She lost about 3 quills and she apears to have dry skin, how can I look for mites?

Right now she'll in laundry room (thank god she's not nervous!) for her quarentaine. I got her a Sterlite bin for the moment, we'll see about a "nicer" cage when she'll be in the living room.

Here's what you're waiting for... pics!

P9125301.jpg

P9125304.jpg

P9125305.jpg

Well your little girl is just adorable. I am so happy that she will now be in a home that she so deserves. More pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a surprise in the bath. She has a belly button and testicles. Thank got I checked before quarentaine is over and start playtime together. I had that feeling it would happen, I knew it. Time for some other name seach!

OH NO! That is the first time they have got the sex wrong. Even the very grumpy ones they have gotten right.

Plus he has (well seems it's normal) testicles visible. When I feeled this bump I was like "NOOO BABIES!!!" Then I just saw he had a penis. Well I guess I can rule out surprise babies on the list of things to worry!

Last edited:
Yes, some of them do have very visible testicles. Certainly not like a rat but you know they are there. I still cannot believe they got it wrong. Someone new must have sexed him.

lol, love the eating picture!

The guy eats like a pig! Just today, in broad daylight he came out twice. His bowl was fully empty tonight and I gave more than what I ussually give Litchi. I guess he was too stressed at the sehlter so that's why he didn't ate. And what comes in... must come out. Gosh I swear he poops like a baby!

And to think he could have been mine. ;)
Well with all the pic and story I'll post, it's a bit like he was with you.

Did they say where he came from and why he ended up at the shelter?

I had so much things in my head I didn't ask about it. I'm curious to know that too, I might try to e-mail them inquiring about it (and telling them he's seteling in nicely)

Back