My dear Sammy-I miss you

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcr

My dearest Sampson,

It's been almost 6 weeks since you left my side and there still isn't a day goes by that I don't find myself lost in tears over your absence. I always knew it would be hard to lose you but I was completely unprepared to deal with the empty place you left in our home. I finally wiped the last of your nose prints off the window but sometimes I still see you there looking out. I still talk to you like you were here but it's not the same without your big brown eyes looking back at me. Your toys still sit untouched where you last left them and your leash is still hanging by the front door. Sometimes when I'm up late working in the office I absentmindedly reach down to pet your head and that's when the floodgate of tears really opens up. What I miss most is your unwavering devotion and the reassurance of knowing that when everthing else in the day seemed so wrong I could bury my face in your fur and find the comfort I needed. You were the greatest dog I've ever known. If only we could have had forever and even then it would not have been long enough. Thank you for being my "schutzengel".

-Mom
sammyandkatelyn0709.jpg

sammyinthesnow.jpg

sammyinthesand.jpg

226_2626.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

What an absolutely gorgeous boy you had. It's so hard to lose a dog, even more so for me than any other pet, because they are such a huge presence in your life. Caged animals you go to see, and even when you bring them out for playtime, it just isn't the same as having your dog follow you around, lay at your feet, cuddle up to you on the bed or couch, go for walks and car rides. It just leaves such a huge hole in your life.

I am so very sorry for your loss. He was absolutely lovely.

He was gorgeous. I am so sorry you lost him. I hope the pain fades but the memories of the good times last forever. rip sampson :(

He was a beautiful animal. That first picture is precious.

I'm sorry for your loss.

The message you wrote was beautiful, you really have a way with words. He was such a handsome dog. I'm so sorry for your loss hun.

Sarah, I am so touched by your words and pictures of your beautiful Sampson. I hope that time will heal you and give you wonderful memories of Sammie. *hugs*

Thank you all. :hugs: I knew my chinnie friends would understand.

Back