My Chins wont even get on the flying saucer.What to do?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ChrisSmith1980

I got a flying saucer over a week ago and my chincs have hoped on it and right off but havent evren tryed to run on it.IM thinking about selling it but i dont know what do do.

I think you need to give them more than just a week for them to actually "get it". I've heard that with the saucer wheel that some chins take/need more time to get used to it.

It took one of our chins almost a month to get up on the wheel. Give your chins more time with it. It's takes them time to get used to it.

When my chin had problems figuring out how to use a Flying Saucer, I just put her on the wheel ( you should hold the wheel to make sure your chin does not fall otherwise they become afraid of it) and let your chin try to walk a little while you hold it, and he will realize how to use it! If he is already afraid of the wheel try giving some treats( like oats or alfalfa hay) to keep him on the wheel.
You can even get a toy like a small puppy or something and show your chins how to run on it!
Do not sell it, I'm sure they will figure it out, it may take time.

My chin figured out the saucer right away, but I have heard a lot of stories that it can take a while before a chin will show any interest. Just be patient and give it some more time. Is it possible your chin is using it when you are not around? My chin uses it several times a day, so it is a worthwhile investment to me. Hopefully your chin will enjoy it as much as mine does.

Back