My chin seems to be messy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuppidsarrows

So i have noticed in the last couple of days that my little girl is really messy by her bottom and private area. I was thinking that it could be that because I have fleece liners and she likes to go under them maybe when she pees she might be walking though it. But I'm not sure are some chins just messier than others or should I be worried?

By messy, do you mean she is alittle yellow down there. My chins are alittle yellow too. The cages get cleaned once a week, but they still seem to be alittle discolored there. I don't know if all chins are like that, or if there is a particular reason why, but just wanted to let you know.

Well honestly I don't know everything, only been a chin owner for about 4 years and still learning.. so i'm sure someone else will come on and say something, but at least with mine, I'm not concerned. I mean like I said they aren't in dirty cages, I'm always cleaning them. It might be different if I didn't then maybe yes concern might be necessary. I wonder if sometimes they just sit in it for a few seconds so maybe it stains them. I really don't know why it happens. So since you are cleaning the cage alot too, I wouldn't be concerned.

If there is no discharge, and this is something that is not new, I would say she is just sitting in her pee. Try giving her a dust bath with cornstarch added to the dust. It will help with the stains.

Some chins just stain easier than others. i would just watch for any thick discharge or if she is cleaning down there alot then maybe I would worry but most of mine have a little bit of stain down there.

Back