My Chin makes these clicking noises sometimes

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SookiFace1

Shell be sitting in her house or just hanging out and out of no where ill hear her make these little clicking noises with what I'm assuming is her teeth.. is this normal?

Clicking/grinding teeth is usually a sign of pain. I'd assume it's related to her nose incident. Without that background knowledge people may jump to conclusions about teeth issues etc... It would be helpful if you could contain all your questions to just 1 thread about your chins health. Then we could all read the entire story. Thanks, and hope she gets better soon.

One of mine does that when I feed her (she's hand-fed long term due to digestive issues). When I imitate that noise, she comes running to the door even when she's sleeping. So no, it's not necessarily a sign of pain or teeth issues.

Teeth grinding due to pain actually sounds quite different and are usually not so "clicky". Also, you can literally see jaws moving when they grind due to pain.

Chins can also seem to click when their noses are blocked (URI or congested nose) but it also sounds quite different and I would refer to it more as peeping.

If your chin seems fine in every other aspect I wouldn't worry about the clicking :)

:0) THANK YOU soo much! I have been combing google trying to find something and for the life of me couldnt. Youve definitely put my mind at ease! Once again thank you! :)

Back