My beloved Chinch died this morning

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchandChilla

Chinch and Chilla
I am actually so depressed about this. She was my favorite chinch, my first chinch.

What upsets me most is that I know the reason she died was because of the care she received while at the pet store. I had not started working their yet and when I did, I noticed the kennel tech did not feed the right died, give enough play time and caused too much stress. Thankfully they don't sell chinchillas at all anymore.

She had G.I. stasis for awhile and after a lot of expensive vet trips and medicines, she seemed to be doing better. But it was apparent that there was permanent damage somewhere inside of her.

I'm very angry that pet stores sell such unhealthy animals. I quit my last job just because I could take it anymore that animals needs were second behind sales. None the less, I loved her a lot. I loved her quirky little temperamental personality. I loved that she threw poop at me when she was mad, and I loved that she liked to talk back with me and give me winks

Chinch, may you be forever loved. I love you so much. I'm glad you're in chinchy heaven.

RIP

I am so sorry for your loss :( At least she knew life outside of the petstore with you, and she knew what love was and got proper care. I'm so sorry that she couldn't get beyond her health issues.

RIP Chinch. I´m glad she was able to have a life outside the petstore with you and that you got to spend time loving her, even if it was not for as long as it should have been :(

I'm glad she got to feel the love and care given to her by you! I just went through this with my ferret and others made me realize...If we can make any part of an animals life better, even for a short period, then we have done a great thing. Your baby got to be spoiled and happy and loved...you did a great thing! I know it still hurts and I hope you can find comfort in knowing that she is healthy and happy now!

I'm so sorry for your loss! Like what was said before, the days with you were the best ones, and you improved and gave quality of life to Chinch!

Back