Moving to Portland area...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennyson

T&C Chinchillas
My wife and I are moving to the Salem/Portland (OR) area this month, and would like to get a feel for the chinchilla situation there-breeders in the area, unwanted chin population, suppliers for mazuri and tradition feed, etc...anything you might think is helpful :) And we'd love to hear who is going to be near us!

We currently live in Nampa, Idaho, and have a small chin rescue, but with new, much higher paying jobs, we will be expanding in the next few months :) I heard rumors there is a need for more rescuers in the area, so hopefully we can help!

Thanks,
Tennyson
T&C Chinchillas

Cograts! Oregon is beautiful. Ronda and Quality Mutation Chinchillas are in Oregon. You are in good company. You should try coming to the show in January. It's a bit of a drive but you may be able to carpool.

I'm very envious of you. The Pacific Northwest is one of my favorite places.

I grew up in Salem and Tigard OR. I can not wait to move back there but house prices are so low right now,they will have to come up a bit before I sell this place
Have you seen the "Chins by State" thread? I found it and will paste it here for you. Oregon: RCR, Necromantica, RondasChins, ~*=Phoenix=*~
Ronda lives in Eastern OR, Hermiston but it's worth the visit. She has hundreds of chins.
Here is a link to Cheeky Chinchillas in Salem OR http://www.cheekychinchillas.com/index.html

Thanks :) Sadly though, I think Phoenix got out of breeding :( Last I talked to her *awhile ago* she was selling off her herd...sad day.

Phoenix is no longer breeding, but she is around. Sarah is qualitymutationchinchillas.com and while she's new, she is an excellent breeder with a great eye for quality. She is right near Portland, OR so you have great company there! I would contact Sarah for more information about the area.

Good luck on your move! I just wanted to add that the Quality Cage Company is in Portland and they have a show room. I'm not sure if you use their products but it could save you on shipping.

Wow thanks guys-I've been a fan of Sarah's website for a while now-good to have a name to go with it though :) And I'll have to do some more looking into Quality Cage, never done much through them, but that would be nice if they are close enough!

Back