Moving and Moving?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibyte

Zombie Lurker
Due to some... unforseen circumstances, I'm moving fairly quickly.
I was planning on moving my chinnies cages around but I'm wondering if doing the cage swap and moving is going to be too stressful on the chins?

Their cage size is fine for right now but I'm wondering if I should wait until we're settled for the cage swap or do it right along with the move?

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the reply, I know how I'm going to get them over (the new place is only a couple blocks away,) I'm just not sure if this is the best time for the cage swap.

If I do a cage swap now, alongside the move, will it be too traumatic?

(Maybe it didn't come across right in the first post, but I know how to go about moving them to the new house, I'm just wondering if the cage swap will make things too crazy for them?) :wacko:

Thanks much for the reply BooBoo!

I think the new cage at the new house should be fine. They can get used to all of it at once. Just give them some space and time to adjust to the changes. They should be fine!

Thanks much for the response!

I'm swapping the cages tomorrow... er... today. (It's midnight :D)

Thanks BooBoo and Shooper for the help!

Yeah it's no problem. When you first adopt a chin they go to a new location and new cage, and it usually takes them no time to start making their own renovations (chewing the daylights out of everything!)

Back