Milwaukee Hedgehog Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalandra

The Milwaukee hedgehog show is coming up this coming October. Information for the show is below. Anyone going?

Hedgehog Rendezvous
October 1-3, 2010
Roadway Inn & Suites
Milwaukee, WI 53221

* Two International Hedgehog Association Sanctioned Hedgehog Shows
* Veterinary Presentations
* Educational Programs
* Hedgehog Games
* Hedgehog Costume Contest
* Animal Communication Sessions
* Rainbow Bridge Ceremony
* Celebration of Life to Honor the "Texas Tumbleweeds"
* Auction to benefit Hedgehog Rescue & Hedgehog Health Research

For Registration Form, Hotel Information, Show Schedule, & Complete Show Information visit the Hedgehog Rendezvous website at:
http://hedgehogrendezvous.com

Just worked things out. Current plans are that I'll go with Tex; Satin and Hedgiedaddy will hold down the fort while we're gone.

I just finished the auction items I am donating to the Show.

Attachments

• Hedgie ornament set for show 007.JPG
    Hedgie ornament set for show 007.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 16
Close ups of the items.

Attachments

• Hedgie ornament set for show 002.JPG
    Hedgie ornament set for show 002.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Hedgie ornament set for show 003.JPG
    Hedgie ornament set for show 003.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Hedgie ornament set for show 004.JPG
    Hedgie ornament set for show 004.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Hedgie ornament set for show 005.JPG
    Hedgie ornament set for show 005.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 2
Close ups of the hedgies on the military figurine.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 6
Nancy

I think you should come to the Show.

I have lots of other PC Hedgie Stuff for my table. We have to take two cars...

Thanks

Cyndy

The last little hedgie on the military figurine.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 5
Wow, those ones are gorgeous too. You do such lovely work. :)

It's an 11 or 12 hour drive from here so that's not going to happen. Wish I could though.

I am going to the show now. I am so excited! I thought I wasn't going to be able to go with lack of funds and work. But my bf surprised me by saying he would take me for my birthday! I can't wait. It will be my first year.

Great! Are you going for the entire show? Shows are always a lot of fun, and may seem a little overwhelming at first. But don't hesitate to jump in. I'll be at the IHA booth a lot, and will be at the show table off and on as I will be handling a couple of hedgehogs for others.

- Julie

Yes, all three days. We may be there later on Friday but I hope to be there by 7. I can't wait. I think its going to be a great weekend. I really don't know what to expect. I have never been to anything like this. I am imagining something like comic con but smaller and with hedgies.

Even at the smallest show I have been at there was always a lot of fun.

First show I went to was at the Mighty Niagara Hedgehog show of 2001 (I think it was that year!). Me and the husband sat in one corner of the show room to watch the festivities. We were not sitting for 15 minutes before a woman came over, who is now very good friend, introduced herself and pulled us into the group and introduced me to just about everyone there at the time. There was no being shy.

The conformation show can take a long time to get through, but you will see a lot of gorgeous hedgehogs, and pay attention to the judge. Judges will tell us why they picked the hedgehog they did. You can learn a lot about the process.

The speaker topics this year look really interesting. And the auction is always a riot. There are usually a couple of good bidding wars.

One of the best parts is just getting to talk to others and making new friends. One item I love is to see what others are doing. I have learned a lot of neat tricks and housing ideas from shows. Getting to see how others made their cuddle bags and liners was a lot of help once for me.

After hours, there is often a room or two where people will gather to just chat. At the last Milwaukee show, those of us who stayed Sunday night, ended up staying up late laughing and having a great time.

I've never been to comic con so cannot compare the two. But like I said, don't hesitate to come over and introduce yourself.

It sounds awesome. I am so excited. I went to comic con with my ex once and it sounds similar. Its not really my scene but it was fun. This is the first time I get to go to something like this for something that I really love. I will look for you there.

I'm not bringing my hedgie Quinn but I am making a little picture book of him to bring.

-Megan

For those that are interested, the show has put up images from the show and the show results (including images of winners).

http://www.hedgehogrendezvous.com/

We had a great time. Got to see a lot of old friends, and to meet a few new people.

Cooper brought home a Grand Champion Senior Male ribbon. I'm so very very proud of him. You can see his image on the Sunday show results.

We also have a Reserve Best in Show on the forum, but I'll let his mommy brag about him.

I saw that Cooper won a ribbon. Way to go Cooper and his proud mommy.

I also saw who else on here won a ribbon and have congratulated him and his mommy as well.

Good going everyone. :cheer2::congrats3::cheer:

Latest posts

Back