Measurements for fleece?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjordanbearx

I bought two tubes and three cuddle ledges from qualitymutationchincillas.com and it's time to make some more fleece covers. I have a LOT of unused fleece from past projects so I figure I can whip up some replacement covers. I just don't know the measurements to make them. I have two 8" tubes and the three 6" cuddle ledges. Would anyone know the measurements to make them off of the size I have? Thanks for any help :D

For your tubes, you would need cloth at least 19 inches wide and 8 inches long. Including room for fleece shrinkage, it would be like 21 inches by 10 inches (I always add two inches for both shrinkage and hems).

For your ledges, you would need cloth at least 9.5 wide by 6 long. Including room for fleece shrinkage, it would be 11.5 wide by 8 long.

If my measurements are wrong, I apologize.

21x10? The tubes are probably 6 inches in diameter (most common size) so wouldn't it have to be at least 19 x 14 (leaving an inch for seam allowance and an inch for shrinkage). Am I thinking about this wrong?

Back