MCBA 2011 National Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The York Show is not a field day, it is our Chapter Show. The Atlantic Chapter, at this time, does not do a field day, we do our picnic instead. Other than Nationals, it has been the biggest MCBA show for the last few years in number of animals and exhibitors. It has its own thread though. =)

Nationals are tougher than Chapter Shows, and Chapter Shows are tougher than field days. Field Days are for learning so, typically, the larger, more established ranchers do not enter their chins into field day shows.

Thank you. While I would love to meet up with the ladies at Nationals........i think that since I am not breeding or showing, maybe the York show would be a better 1st show for me. I will go look for that thread to get the info.

Yay! I've been REALLY REALLY wanting to go to Nationals and this is the year that I can make it, so I'm excited!!

I can't wait either! I'm going to drive home that evening, but I'd definitely love to hang out with you guys all day.

I can't wait either! I'm going to drive home that evening, but I'd definitely love to hang out with you guys all day.

:dance3: I'm glad we can all meet up at Nationals, can't wait!

I went ahead and requested the whole weekend off today and it was approved. :thumbsup:

Stacie, I don't know what Laurie told you but she is now bannished to the couch or bathtub. I've got a small portable air cleaner that I only use when Laurie is around, LOL!

I'm on board with Sandi and Stackie and really looking foward to it!

Potstirrer!

She's such a liar she's had the portable air thing from day one! Even before she ever slept with me lol!

Jim is working on the National show manual right now. If you want an ad in it, let me know. The deadline is coming up soon.

If I get there early enough (driving up the morning of), does anyone care if I observe them groom and maybe ask a couple questions? Past shows I've just been a spectator but I'm wanting to get a little more involved and learn a bit more this year.

If I get there early enough (driving up the morning of), does anyone care if I observe them groom and maybe ask a couple questions? Past shows I've just been a spectator but I'm wanting to get a little more involved and learn a bit more this year.

You should enter a chin, just for the heck of it! That way someone can show you how to groom and you can actually go through the motions to start getting a feel for it. Many of us could walk you through the whole process: registering, grooming, etc.

I have a few I may enter... I also figure free time for me for a few hours I will let people pass Clara around till she gets hungry LOL.

You should enter a chin, just for the heck of it! That way someone can show you how to groom and you can actually go through the motions to start getting a feel for it. Many of us could walk you through the whole process: registering, grooming, etc.

Hmm, I might do that...I will have to think about it!

We have the menu for Nationals all set:

Lunch will be Boxed Lunches with a choice of chicken salad croissant, turkey croissant, Italian hoagie or a colossal club wrap with potato salad and a cookie. Bottled water, coffee or pop/soda are included.

Please make reservations, by March 16th to Pam at [email protected].

Any questions, please let me know.

I sent Pam an email with a lunch RSVP. I never got any sort of confirmation, should I just assume she received it?

Quick question for those going to the show, will anyone be wanting to buy anything from me to save on shipping?

I should have squiggle bridges back in stock by that time.

I just want to know because I'm still deciding if I will go or not. My husband and I might make a weekend out of it, but if I get enough people who were hoping to buy things I will definitely go.

alli-
I'm on your waiting list for a 40" bridge and was also going to buy another tube so please let me know if you are attending. I plan on being there!!

Does anyone still have room in a room or want to split one? I am not sure if Kayla is going to be able to come now :(

I'll be making a pretty last minute trip up there. Hopefully I can make it late that Friday, then I'll be leaving early/mid Sunday. I'm pretty sure I'll be going alone so if you still need a room I can adjust my reservation.

-Tori

I'm sure this is going to be a really stupid question... but me and my mom plan on driving up the night before (Friday) and staying somewhere... what do you all do with the chins if you drive up ahead of time? Do the motels let you keep the chins in the room, or do you leave them in the show building? Thanks!!

Back