Manna Pro Sho

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chin-nw

Not sure where to put this. Feel free to move it if this is the wrong place.

Recently my local feed store that I use, ran out of PRCS. I had enough to last until they got more but this wasnt the first time this had happened, so I decided to change to a more readily available brand. So I had bought a bag of Manna Pro Sho. Well...... during the switch period, I found that nobody would eat it. They ate the PRCS and threw the Manna Pro out. So I gave up and I moved them all back to PRCS. But now what do I do with the 3/4 of a 50 lb bag of the Manna Pro

I cant return it since its open. Any Ideas?

Maybe sell it to people on here?? Or a lot of humane societies and rescues and things will take food. We've had animals who've passed away on us and we didn't plan to get another of the same species and donated whatever food we had left of theirs and our local humane society took it.

Thanks. Cant sell it on here. not enough ports to qualify. But I can check out our humane society. Dont know if they take in Chinchillas or rabbits but worth a try. Hate to just throw it out

Have you asked if they will do a return? Just wasn't sure if u just assumed they wouldn't so I figured I'd ask :) it's worth a shot to ask the store if you can do a return or exchange as some stores will do returns and stuff if your pet doesn't eat the food or they get sick from it or something!!(Petsmart for instance will do a return/ exchange on any food as long as u have about 1/2 a bag) don't know about other stores but they might!

It's there any breeders in your area that feed mana pro? I thought Ryan did.

Yeah, I asked about returning it but they wont take it because its open, and I did use some of it. So far I have not found any rescues in the area. I think there is a rabbit rescue in Woodinville but havent found it yet. Last time I talked to Ryan (at the show) Im pretty sure he said he uses Purina show rabbit.

Still looking though. Thanks for the suggestions

I did used to use it. Whenever I have random feed either from purchases or switches, I just add a few or teaspoon and mix it in with all the chins' feed. Tis way no feed is wasted...and as long it isn't a lot or different feed, it wont upset their digestive tracts.

Back