Males Privates are yellow and wet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shubbles

Did someone say woood?
My male chinchilla, i have noticed, right around his privates are all yellow and wet. His shelf that he likes is wet, he sits there all the time so i dont know if hes just been sitting in his pee or something else. His penis can touch the shelf so.. I dont know if that helps but whats wrong with him??
Thanks.

There are far more experienced people on here, but I do know that some chins just sit in there urine. Little piglets. :O) So he may be of these little guys (gals).

But in case it can be something else, a picture would help anyone who can give you more information on this.

It definitely could be the little guy just getting urine on himself or sitting in it. I've seen that before and have had the same reaction.

Still, maybe he has a bladder issue and he's leaking a bit. It happens sometimes, not a whole lot but sometimes there are chins that either have lost the ability to hold in the urine through trauma or possibly infection. I would watch this chin very closely and see if he's having a problem...just to rule out an infection or other problem with his urinary tract. It probably is just him being a little piglet. :D

I had a chin years ago that just sort of dribbled here and there. He was a rescue that had come in with the problem. The previous owner told me that he had had some type of urinary problem and that her vet said he would be like that forever. As far as I know now he's still okay but a little leaky...he went to a new home where the new owner fell in love with him and his brother and doesn't care. She said something about the tile floors being easy to clean. :)

I try to but i can't catch him very well, hes so squirmy and im afraid im gonna break his little back. I see him sometimes going down there, but he picks for a second then comes back up. If he has a hair ring do they seem depressed. Hes not breeding either and hes all by himself.Theres also not like little tiny driblets everywhere he seems like he pees well, alot at a time.

Back