Lost 19 grams.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo24

call me paranoid if you will but over the past week or so i've noticed that gizmo has felt lighter and more frail. Hes got a good chunk of a belly on him but his rib cage area and such is smaller. I thought I was just paranoid but I finally gave in and weighed him tonight. On Feb. 20 he was 619 grams..tonight he was 600. I weighed him on 3 different scales, the only differnce between the 3 was 5 grams. So, I know its not the scales. To me, this sounds like alot of weight to loose.. ? He other wise seems completely normal. I usually fill up the food dish so I honestly can't say I've noticed a big difference in food intake, so I only put a small amount of pellets in tonight to monitor it. He eats hay like its going out of style though. Im wondering if its because he has been exercising alot? He has been playing hard and been using his wheel ALOT over the past few weeks, more than he use to. Any ideas why he'd loose that much weight so soon?

If he is acting normally and peeing and pooping normally, then you may have answered your own question. More exercise can make them loose weight.

Back